𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗 - the start of something better

Depuis le début

You pulled out a hair tie, wrapping it around your (hair colour) locks to form a high ponytail. You slipped on your spare volleyball shoes and made your way to the opposite side of his court. He started off with a hard jump serve which you easily recieved and returned back to his side. He countered by spiking the ball hard into the ground. It touched the floor with a loud slam, and reached the wooden floor before you knew it.

"Nice one, Tobio. Your spikes are as good as an ace's, even though you're a setter." You commented.

"Thanks." He was slightly flustered, since a compliment coming from a pro like you made him feel happy. He was about to make another serve, you heard the doors slam open. He wasn't someone you recognized, but he seemed to know your dark-haired cousin.

"Y-YOU!!" He screamed, pointing a finger at Kageyama.

"Oh, Kageyama, I'll be taking my leave now. It seems there are people already coming in." You waved him off while grabbing your stuff and continued the rest of your day.

"WHAT?!! YOU'VE ALREADY GOTTEN IN TROUBLE?! BAKA!" You scolded him. You sighed.

"It's only the first day, and you knocked the vice principals' toupee off?" You said, clearly disappointed.

"Yeah. Sorry." He rubbed his neck.

"Sometimes I feel like your mom, scolding you like this. Anyway, it's fine, just as long as you don't pull any other stunts like this again." You saw him averting his eyes away from yours, and you knew that he was hiding something from you.

"What did you do this time?"

"I may or may not have challenged our captain to a match so that I can play setter for the team."

You glared at him, and just when he thought he was about to die and see Asahi- I mean Jesus- in heaven, you lightly punched him in the shoulder and let out a humph.

"You're not mad at me?" He asked, surprised.

"I am, but that'll be your mistake to fix. You better win, Tobio. Oh, and, who are you going to play against?" You questioned. The two of you started to head home.

"We actually don't know yet. All I know is that I'm on a team with Tanaka-senpai and that Hinata." He mumbled along.

"Hey, Tobio. Do you think we'll play against him?" You wondered out of the blue.

"Him..?" He tilted his head, confused.

You pursed your lips into a frown.

"O-Oikawa-san..." You whispered. He stopped and looked at you with caring eyes and grabbed your shoulders, forcing you to look up at him.

"Hey, don't let that bastard get to you. Just because he used you doesn't mean you're not worth it, okay? You deserve more than him."

"Yeah, you're right." You smiled, seething nothing more than lies to you, right in front of him.

"And to answer your question, if we do go against his team, I promise we'll crush him, okay? I expect you to come to our game." Little did he know, it would be coming up much sooner than he expected.