Chapter Thirty-Seven

IF HE WAS BEING COMPLETELY HONEST, Harry had hoped that Charlus and Sirius would have taken more action against the Dursleys before they left

IF HE WAS BEING COMPLETELY HONEST, Harry had hoped that Charlus and Sirius would have taken more action against the Dursleys before they left. After years of feeling isolated in a home where three other people lived and being mistreated like he was a lesser being, he had hoped for some form of justice beyond a scolding. However, Charlus didn't appear to be that kind of person. He didn't need threats of violence to scare the Dursleys, his words seemed to do enough.

When Charlus walked out of the Dursley home to reunite with Sirius and Harry, he wore a smile on his face, but his eyes still contained a sadness that even Harry noticed. He looked over at Sirius, who was holding all of Harry's belongings under his arm and let out a heavy sigh. And even though they weren't saying anything to each other, Harry was certain they were haven't a conversation.

Eventually, Charlus placed his hand on Harry's shoulder again. "Are you ready to leave, Harry?"

There was no need to ask twice as Harry nodded his head eagerly. Of course, he was ready to leave, he had been ready to leave as soon as he understood how terribly the Dursleys treated him.

"Alright, well listen, this is very important," Charlus told him, " I need you to hang onto Sirius as tight as you possibly can. We're going to leave here and you're going to be uncomfortable for a moment. It's not painful, but it's going to feel like you're being pulled through a very tight tube. Do you understand?"

As his eyes flickered back and forth between the two men, it was clear that Harry did not understand and he was becoming nervous.

"We're not taking a car or the train?"

"No," Sirius chuckled, " this is much faster. Come on, hold my hand, you're going to be fine."

Harry still didn't appear to be very comfortable but offered his hand for Sirius to take. He watched as Charlus stood on Sirius' other side and before he could say anything, it was like they were ripped from the scene. His uncle's previous words of warning suddenly made sense, it really did feel like he was being sucked through a tight space. And although it was incredibly uncomfortable, it didn't last for long as seconds later, he could feel his feet touch the ground once more.

He clung to Sirius' side, breathing heavily, and he didn't dare to ask what had just happened, he just knew he didn't want to experience it again.

"I tried to warn you, Harry," Charlus laughed at the look on his nephew's face, " it's a little strange at first, but the more you do it, the easier it gets."

Harry was about to tell him that he never wanted to do it again until he looked up and noticed they were no longer in front of 4 Privet Drive, but rather a completely new setting. There was a row of handsome townhouses before them, lined up in a row. When he thought about how quick the weird suction feeling had been, it couldn't have been enough for them to travel to a completely new place, it had only been a matter of seconds.