xɪɪɪ

3rd person pov

"hey, y/n." kindaichi said as he sat next to her for lunch, like he usually did.

when y/n looked at him, her eyes widened and she spat out her juice. "uh," she said as she wiped her mouth with her sleeve. "hi."

her face was coated with pink. kindaichi thought it was just because she was embarrassed about spitting out her juice.

oikawa, exactly when kindaichi didn't want him to, came to sit next to y/n, too.

"uh, y/n." oikawa said hesitantly.

y/n turned to him, then frowned. "you, again?"

he made a smug face, "can i talk to kindaichi a bit?"

y/n nodded her head as she sipped her juice.

oikawa waited a second. "alone," he said softly.

y/n groaned and stood, taking her sandwich and drink before standing up and walking off.

kindaichi was sort of scared, he knew what oikawa was going to say. and he didn't want to hear it.

"you better get ready to listen." oikawa said before fixing his tie.

"i want to stay on the starting lineup! i know i haven't improved but-" kindaichi rambled.

"that's not what i'm here to talk about. i don't only talk about volleyball, ya know." oikawa smirked.

kindaichi exhaled a breath he didn't realize he'd been holding. oikawa leaned in. "so...," he paused for dramatic effect. kindaichi held his breath once more. "i've been texting y/n anonymously and it went to the point where she started catching feelings for me but i told her i was you."

kindaichi blinked. he looked over oikawa's shoulder and saw y/n eating while looking at something on her phone. she was sitting by herself, the light from the cafeteria windows enveloping her like a literal angel.

"what should i say to that?" kindaichi asked. he thought about y/n actually liking him. he only considering liking y/n recently; once he had become her friend. though she didn't really consider him a friend anyway.

"if she brings it up... you could say it isn't you or something."

kindaichi rubbed the crook of his neck, "sure." was all he said.