8. Tangled Threads

"Rashida, are there someone new shifting in the house right next to ours?" She was sipping tea in the lawn, when she asked Rashida who was seated beside her , knitting something for her grandson.

"Yes bibi ji, they shifted yesterday. I've heard that they came from England." Rashida shared her knowledge she had heard from here and there.

"Oh, so they are firangi (englishman)." She shook her head understandingly.

She didn't feel very pleased by the news as her great grandfather was killed by them in the fight for freedom.

"No bibi ji, they are not firangi." Rashida slapped her forehead for not being able to convey her message.

"Didn't you tell me they came from england? " Eishal looked at her quizzically.

"They are Indian bibi ji, they returned from england."She left her knitting work just to make her understand.

She laughed at her stupidity and soon getting over it she leaned towards Rashida.

" Shouldn't we go to welcome them. We should cook a tasty biryani for them and take it to them as a  welcome gift. " She almost whispered in Rashida's ear.

"That's very good idea." Saying rashida stood up to fulfill  her bibi ji's wish.

Eishal also followed her and she along with rashida cooked a tasty biryani and packing it beautifully she went to freshen up and also instructed Rashida to do the same as she didn't want to go alone.

And soon enough both the lady were standing infront of the huge oak door of that beautiful house.

Few minutes later of their ringing the bell, a graceful women at her late thirties opened the door.

"Asslam o Alaiykum ji, this is our bibi ji. She wanted to welcome you so.....uh  um." Rashida seeing Eishal tongue tied spoke on her behalf.

Come inside.
She gave them a beautiful smile and step aside.

It seems like, I've seen her somewhere.
Soon Eishal shook away that thought and met with the lady cheerfully.

She was nice woman. She has two beautiful daughters. Ifza and Isra who didn't seem spoilt at all. They were very well mannered.

She didn't get to meet her husband.

"We should go now. It's late." Eishal stood up knowing well, Uzair would be home anytime soon.

"Thank you for the biryani dear. Your uncle would be very happy."She said hugging her and then she hugged Rashida as well.

They were moved by her kindness.

Promising to visit each other soon along with their husband they departed with happy smile.

         - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

" Be ready. You have half an hour. " Uzair said in a commanding tone, after they were done with their breakfast.

"Um why?" She followed him out.