Chapter 2 - Everything Has Changed (Part 2)

POV: Liam

We must have been walking for an hour, at least. We saw Louis and Eleanor once as the paths twisted and intersected, but mostly we were alone. I had found out so much about this girl, things that never ceased to intrigue me. Like she had been born and raised in a city called Saskatoon, somewhere in Canada. This accounted for her interesting accent and probably for her love of my plaid shirt. Lana’s family consisted of very strict, perfectionist parents and twin younger brothers, sixteen, who caused mayhem wherever they went. She was in her second year of college at King’s and was studying management, but seemed rather bored with the topic. She had been bullied, much like I had been, in her early teens, but insisted the experience had only made her stronger. Not only were the questions interesting and exciting, but she had also not once asked me anything about One Direction, she saw me as just a regular guy.

The sun had completely set and I figured we would be finishing our walk soon so I decided it was time for a tough question.

“What’s the story with your last boyfriend?”

She took some time before answering, but finally spoke, “That’s the problem I suppose, there is no story. Hasn’t been in awhile. Well, I guess my last serious boyfriend was in high school; I would have been like sixteen. He ended up cheating on me… faked a concussion and claimed to forget who I was when he was really just seeing some girl he worked with. Not such a great story hey?”

“That’s really horrible, I’m really sorry—“

“Don’t be. It happened so long ago it doesn’t even matter.”

“So you’ve never been in love?”

“No, never. I just haven’t found the right person. So my turn right?” she asked quickly changing the topic, “What happened to you and your last girlfriend?”

Danielle. I hadn’t even thought of her once in the time I’d been with Lana. I didn’t think a minute would go by where I didn’t think of her, miss her, but now… things have changed.

“Well it’s no improvement from your story. I had just got back from touring and she ended things. Claimed we grew apart whenever I was away. I think she just couldn’t handle everything that came with dating me.” I hadn’t actually told anyone this, but yet it was all stumbling out of my mouth. I needed it out of my head, I needed to move on. And I knew Lana would listen.

We walked along in silence, comfortable in each other’s company, until her phone started buzzing.

“It’s Eleanor,” she stated. Their conversation ended shortly but the message was clear, we were to meet our friends in five minutes at the entrance of the park. My heart sank.  I didn’t want this night to be over. I didn’t want to have to return to my empty flat, now dark and unwelcoming. And I certainly didn’t want to leave this girl, go our separate ways, slowly forgetting tonight. But what choice did I have?

Oh hey and if you haven't noticed our chapter titles are Taylor Swift songs, pretty sick eh? So we are hoping to upload a new chapter about every second day, hope you come back and see us!!

xoxo x2 because you are amazing :) --Nat and Gio