If at first you don't succeed...

Connor-3 opened his eyes in the zen garden. He knew his external hardware was being sent to the Detroit Police Department. He would start his next mission off fresh, not that he had wanted it this way. He just hoped the Lieutenant wouldn't be kept waiting for him for too long. It was already almost 11:30am.

He knew Amanda would be disappointed, too. He could see her on the central island, but he had time to look around first. This place was nice. It was pristine and clear, with light that came from nowhere and everywhere. He imagined it smelled good. There was no real air to sample, so he was forced to simply imagine. Perhaps it smelled of roses, or sand and grass. A bee buzzed by, strengthening the thought that it smelled like roses.

He strolled around the outskirts, taking time to look at all the things he had become so familiar with. This place had always been a safe haven during the most rigorous testing phases for Connor. He knew he could come here to clear his mind.

He wondered about the stones from Connors 1 and 2. Why keep them here? Perhaps to remind him of his past mistakes. He needed reminders like that if he was going to improve. It was still somewhat unsettling.

The only other thing that stood out was the blue stone. It was an interface of some sort, but Connor had never known what for. He had thought about asking Amanda, but she got angry when he asked her. He was not supposed to ask questions, he was supposed to complete the mission. Still, the blue stone was one of the oldest things on his inquiry queue. He couldn't understand it, and he desperately wanted to.

He didn't have much longer now. He greeted Amanda the same way he always did. She was displeased. Connor knew she would be, yet it was still unpleasant to face her judgement. He would have to step lightly to keep from failing again.

He discussed the case with her, answering the way he knew he should. It was important to show her he could do this. He wanted her to be pleased with him. He wondered, though, if she had disagreed with his plan to adapt with the Lieutenant. If she had, she didn't say much on it.

The police station was beautiful. The sun streamed in through the doors behind Connor. It caused his shadow to lay out in front of him, unlike the way ceiling lights throw shadows all around him. It was much different from anywhere in CyberLife he had been. Despite the bold, single shadow, Connor was delighted to see his reflection in the polished floor. He found the effect of it to be quite lovely.

All around him were conversations. The fragments he heard were consistent with those of victims who showed signs of trauma.

LOOK FOR LT. ANDERSON

The task set in his priority queue forced him to walk past the groups and go into the office further. It wasn't hard to find Anderson's desk. It was empty. Connor attempted call him, but ended up having to leave a message instead.

Connor opted to exploring the office rather than sitting around. He looked at the other desks a little, and found the holding cells. He ran into Detective Reed in the break room, as well.

It didn't seem as though Reed was in favor of androids. Connor realized after last night that he had to be careful around the detective, yet even while being respectfully dutiful, he still ended up on his knees. It was rather unpleasant, and helped Connor to decide that it would be better to wait for the Lieutenant back at his desk.

-----------------------------------------------------

It was always too fucking bright on Hank's worst days. Like the world decided to give him a great big 'fuck you' to add to shit. It didn't help that he had gotten shit sleep last night. That fucking blue blood he had seen all over the interrogation room was in all his dreams. Fucking androids.