επτά {7}✅

Amora

I quickly caught up to Eva. There's something off about everything that's going on. I hated to do it, but I had to be cautious of everyone.

"What was that about?" Eva asked.

I didn't know if I should tell her the truth or not. she seemed pretty cosy with Krista. Or maybe I'm being an idiot and reading into things way too much. "Nothing, I'm still not used to people yet."

We stopped at a regular-sized door, Eva pushed it open and stepped in. I followed suit and was mesmerised by the bedroom in front of me. The was a large square bed in the middle, surrounded by curtains held up by rails around the bed. The walls were a dark, yet pale red. and the floor was marble, with a large carpet, similar to the one in the room I had just left. Richness, that's what this room screamed.

"Wow," I breathed out. "I will most definitely get used to this."

"The ceremony starts in about half our, enough time for you to freshen up and change. I'll knock when it's time."

"Or you could stay." I had no idea where it came from. I was in a massive palace, in a massive room on my own. I didn't want to be alone, and she was the only person here I felt somewhat comfortable being around. She seems extremely taken back by what I said.

"I don't want to intrude your majesty. You'll have your servants, and I don't think you'd be comfortable with me around when you bathe-"

"I don't want complete strangers, I want you. As your Queen, that's an order." I decided I should get used to the title...and the power.

"Technically, you're not queen yet that's what the ceremony is for. But okay Amora, you win." She holds her hands up in defeat and goes to close my door.

I walked further into the room and to my right, there was a doorway, no door, I walked through it and there was a marble bathtub already filled with water. How convenient.

Eva

I stand awkwardly in the middle of her room. I shouldn't be here, it's not my job to invade her privacy, the only people being this close should be her servants. But when she asked me to stay...I could see the desperation in her eyes and hear it in her voice. If her looks didn't entice me enough, then that definitely did.

Not even a day spent reunited with her, and I've got the hots for her already. But I'm probably being an idiot, she might not even realise what she's doing, she's never been around anyone else before, I doubt she knows the true impact she has on people. What was I expecting, her mum is Aphrodite!

But I have to be professional, my job is to advise and protect, not fall for the Queen, I'm pretty sure she'll meet a lot more women in her time here. I gritted my teeth just at the thought. I'm deeper than I thought.

10 minutes passed and she called for me from the bathroom. "Um, Eva there's no towel."

Shit.

My heart sped up as I ran around the room panicking and looking for a towel. I ran into her closet eventually and picked one up. I gulped approaching the doorway to the bathroom with the towel. She was neck-deep in the bath, the low glow coming from the candles in the room gave her face a golden sheen; one that made me weak at my knees. Her skin was flawless, I tried extremely hard to push away all thoughts of what her body looked like, but it was incredibly hard.

I held my hand out with the towel and turned my head away from her. I heard her rise from the tub, then her soft but wet hand brushed against mine as she took the towel. I tried not to think much of it because like I said she's probably completely oblivious to what she's doing.

"You can look now."

I turned around and saw her standing there in her towel that stopped right above her knees. It was an okay fit, she wasn't too short or too tall, she was average, maybe about 5'7. As for me, I was about an inch and a half shorter. I figured I was staring and so thought of something, anything to say.

I cleared my throat, "Are you sure you still need me, your highness?" I needed to still be professional.

"Please call me Amora." I tried my hardest to fight it, but it was no use, she won me over each and every time she'd open her mouth. "I'm sorry for keeping you, I guess I was just scared of being alone. You can leave, you probably have to prepare too."

It's like there was almost sadness in her voice. I wanted to stay more than anything. I had the burning urge to skip the coronation and stay here with her. Preferably close together on her bed talking, catching up. I tried to keep my mind to just talking with her, even though if I were that close to her it would be incredibly hard not to kiss her. It was hard enough when we snuck away.

I shook myself out of it; I needed to give her an answer, we couldn't just be standing here in silence. Somehow she had moved closer to me, or maybe that was just my adrenaline kicking in because my heart hasn't slowed down since she asked me for those towels. "More than anything I'd love to stay Amora," I could see her eyes light up. I hated myself for this. "But this coronation needs to happen, and I need to be ready to take you there."

She groaned in annoyance and walked past me. She wasn't annoyed at me, gladly. She was just a wild spirit, extremely hard to tame, one that loves to be free, so I had no idea how she would be able to survive this coronation. I turned around to leave the room and I saw her walk into her closet, bending down. I then realised the towel was extremely short on her and so I dashed out of the room before I saw things I desperately wanted to but weren't allowed.

Oh Amora, what are you doing to me?

-

this is adorable, by all means get your hopes up
NEW A/N : Follow me on Instagram (writings_of_artemis) and twitter (artemis_writing) for updates and sneak peeks of my WIP's and future projects!
Don't forget to vote comment and share!!
Love y'all
-Artemis