When Darkness Comes

Allan Vallesgher
       We finally arrived at home in silence. No one spoke nor had a courage to talk about what happened. We just went to our room without making any eye contact to each other.

        Charles didn't even bothered looking at me instead he just lay down in his bed and turn his back to the direction where I'm standing. I tried to talk to him but something inside of me was forcing me not to do it. I just didn't fight it for the reason that I, myself, was also afraid of what might happen if I do.

      Instead I sat down in the front of my study table in the opposite room of the table.

      There I slowly grabbed his diary on the top of his study table. I gently put it on my own table not making a sound. I looked back at him making sure that he didn't notice.

     I opened his diary and the first thing I saw was a page that is of terrifying people. One of them was screaming in pain. The other two waste headless. But the one who caught my attention was the only woman in this page. It feels like that woman is being force to be beheaded by an invisible creature. Her limbs were just floating, no one was holding it. Her face was being covered by her very long hair that seems like it's scalp was about to be thorn away from its head.

      But then when I was about to see the next page, I suddenly heard a bang. It sounds like someone has fallen into the ground. I stood up and walked towards to the door. 

       Thankfully it was opened so I can see the light from the outside of our bedroom. I observe the light to see any shadows from it but I saw nothing.

      My heart pump harder and harder as I step closer to our door. I slowly approached the door and didn't let my guard down.

     "Father?" I nervously asked while trembling.

      My spine shivers a bit and my knees feels like it's breaking. Once I touched the door, I sighed for a moment and summoned my inner strength to open the door widely. I successfully opened the door as widely as I can to get a better view of what's happening.

       From here I saw blood running towards me and my father's body laying down to the floor, bathing in his own blood.

        I was shocked and almost fell to the scenery I saw. I took one step backwards before looking in the direction.

        As I wander my gaze around, I saw a man with a bloody knife and black clothes to cover all of the parts of his body.

      My eyes widened when he removed his black mask that wet. It seems like his mask was also filled with blood. I saw his face and I remembered it clearly.

        "Remember me and I will assure you that you won't suffer again." He murmured to me with his teary eyes. I glared at him and shouted

       "Don't look at me as if you're about to cry!" Why? Why is he doing this in the first place? Why he needs to do this? I don't understand.

      His teary eyes suddenly faded and a demon eyes takes place. He smile dramatically as if he was very sad to see my father's body.

        "Just let me care for you." He said and left. I ran towards him trying to grabbed him by my arms.

         But then I realized my brother was there in our room. I quickly stopped and came back to where I was before.

        Unfortunately, my brother was no longer in his bed. The windows are now open and I remember that was close before.

         I rushed towards the window and peeked outside trying to find any sign of my brother. But I found nothing.

A/N
   Well that's it for now ,folks! 653 words!!! It's short but the next chapter will be more than that. I'm trying to improve here so wish me luck. Keep safe and I hope you like it.