Chapter 6

We sit there waiting for at least another hour. I just sit here watching the clock. I am not calling her parents. They would flip and throw her in rehab. I need to talk to Alice before any of that crap. Austin is on the phone with Alan. Bryan is sleeping. Michael, Luke, and Calum are laughing at some video. Ashton is sitting there puffy face and eyes. His hair is a mess. "Excuse me?" I look up and see the doctor. I stand up. He smiles and shakes my hand. "Come on back to see her." I didn't look around I just walked fast behind the old man. We go behind the swinging doors and all I see is medical stuff everywhere. We keep walking. It seems like this hallway will never end. We finally make it to the door. He stops and looks at all of us. "Now she is very tired and she has a headache. She may be out." He says then opens the door. I walk in way to fast and look at her. She is sitting up and screaming at the tv. I turn to the tv and see she is watching American horror story. She's re-watching it. "How can you tell Tate to go away?!" She screams. "Alice." I say. She looks at me and smiles. "My." Ashton runs in and Alice puts her whole body under the covers. Ashton sits down on the bed with her. "Hey. Allison. Uncover your face." He says pulling the blankets off. The blankets slowly slide off of her face and there she is. She's crying and her cheeks are flushed. Her blue eyes are tired. "I'm sorry. Please don't look at me." She says. She's embarrassed. He pulls her in for a hug and doesn't let go. She cries into his chest. I just stand there and wipe away tears. He stands up and grabs my hand and pulls me over to her. I sit down on the bed and look at her in the eyes. "I'm sorry." I grab her and just hold her. We cry. We have been crying for about 5 minutes now. After we are done we wipe away the tears and I just look at her. The nurses brought in a few more chairs for everyone. I sit on the bed with Alice. "Now you know we have to talk. Everyone knows what happened." I say. She looks down at her hands. "You haven't been eating?" I say. "Yes I have...but I throw it up.." The tears stung my eyes. "I have been cutting since graduation. I didn't tell you because you don't need to worry about me." I noticed her wrists had wraps that went all the way up her arms. "Your audition. When is it again?" I ask. "It is next week." "Okay well maybe I can take you." I say.
We sit down again and watch the rest of the show together. Everyone else hugged her and had to go. Ashton stayed and Austin had to leave. "I'm going back to warped and your coming with me." I told her. "What about my baby Sherlock?" I laugh. "He can come too! And Rover." She smiles and soon enough she was asleep after a while of sitting there.
~~
I wake up and it's all dark and I'm still in the bed with her. She's asleep. Everyone is gone and there's a note on the table.
"Hey sorry I had to go pick up Johnnie and Kyle from the airport and I'll be back to pick you guys up. Bryan."
I lay back down and check my phone. A few texts from Bryan saying he gave Austin my number. Then a text from a different number. "We will finish what we started on the bus after your birthday. Which is? 😏"
"Next week😉" I text back. I can't help but smile. I put my phone down and fall into a deep and comforting sleep.