Chapter Eighteen ~ Who is Renee Dwyer?

The first rays of the morning were seeping through the bedroom room. Edward covered his eyes against the piercing light. Moaning softly, he turned to check on Bella. She was sleeping soundly, her mouth opened slightly and her hair in disarray. After an impromptu celebration for Angela and Ben, they finally made it to their bedroom and into each other's arms. They made love until the wee hours of the morning.

Leaning down and placing a soft kiss on her naked shoulder, Edward gently eased himself out of bed. Once he took care of his morning ritual, he quietly left the room carrying the envelope that Angela had handed him last night.

Fixing a cup of coffee, he sat down at the table, pulling out the papers. Jenks had done an exceptional job on the forged documents. No one would be able to tell that they were fake. Then he pulled out the manilla folder, opening it and began reading the background check on Charlie Andrew Swan. Edward read the particulars of Charlie's birth and parents. He married one Renee Dwyer in 1984 in a civil ceremony in Chicago's judicial center. Edward knew that Bella was catholic and wondered why Charlie and Renee were not married in the catholic church? Charlie had worked his way up through the Teamster Organization, becoming one of the youngest VPs in history. He was known to have done business with many crime families. Edward pondered if Charlie ever met his father.

The report continued with the birth of Isabella Marie Swan on September 9, 1986, at Chicago Hospital. Three days after taking Isabella home, Charlie filed a missing person report for his wife. Renee Dwyer Swan was never found and Charlie raised Isabella alone.

The rest of the report didn't have anything important in it. On the next page, Jenks had written that he was continuing to look for information on Renee Dwyer Swan. He had found that she had changed her name to Dwyer. When Edward read what her original name was, he shook his head. He did not just read that. It was impossible. Taking another drink from his coffee and rubbing his eyes, hoping that he was seeing things. Looking once again at the paper, he saw the name.

"Fuck," he groaned out loud. Renee had changed her name to Dwyer from Volturi. How the hell was she kin to Aro?

Picking up his phone, he sent a text to Jenks, telling him to work harder on the information on Renee and get it to him ASAFP! Slamming his phone down on the table, Edward stood, then began pacing back and forth, tugging his hair. Bella's mother was a Volturi. Maybe she was just a distant cousin, though there was something that told him that it was worse than that. It was the feeling when the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end.

Edward knew that Aro had been adopted by Lorenza and Elena Volturi. The reason why they had wanted a baby was that they hadn't been able to have a child of their own. Picking up the paper, he saw that Renee's birth date was two years after Aro's birth. Flexing his jaw, he began to wonder who Renee's parents were and why did she change her name. He needed to talk to Charlie and see the baptismal records at the church. Even if he couldn't find Renee's birth certificate, the church would have documentation. Fuck, he just didn't want to deal with that fucking Bishop after Saturday. The plan to take him out was already designed and ready for him to give the go-ahead.

Now he needed to work on the surprise for the wedding for Bella. Picking up his phone, he sent a text to Garrett to take a burn phone to Charlie. He didn't trust that Charlie's phones hadn't been hacked. Jacob had gotten a message to him, saying that Aro was going nuts trying to find Bella. The fucker most likely had wired up Charlie's phone and house, waiting for Bella to call or come by. A few seconds later, Garrett responded that he would take care of it.

Garrett had been tailing Charlie since the morning after the incident in the alley. From the reports he had been getting, Charlie didn't think anything was out of the ordinary. The plan was that he would slip the burn phone to Charlie when he was coming out of work. Garrett was one of the most successful pickpockets in the entire state of Louisiana. Once he had dropped the phone in Charlie's pocket, he would let Edward know to call.