The Battle.

It had been a month

It had been a month. I sit at the table with Ivar, Oleg, Hvitserk, and Eerikki. My hair is braided back and my armor is heavy. I watch at they speak about the plans. I purse my lips and watch my son. His first true battle. I take slow breaths and they all stand. I stand as well and nod once. We make our way to the front, the beach to be exact. We arrived back to Kattegat only a few days before to retrieve it back from Bjorn. I pull my sword from its sheathe and look to my son. I place my hand to the back of his neck and my forehead against his. "Do not be afraid to die. Do not be afraid of anyone who steps foot on that sand. You are my strong Son." I speak and he nods.

"I will never be afraid." He speaks and I nod, turning to the battlefield. Ivar looks to me and I to him. "May the Gods be on our side." I speak and he nods as well. Oleg stays back because he cannot dare to have blood on his hands because he is the epitome of a sad man.

I look to Hvitserk. "Whatever happens. I love you." He speaks and I nod. "And I you." He kisses my lips and then pulls back. I purse my lips and wait on the sand. Bjorn has yet to show but that's when we hear the stampede of horses and footsteps. Alfred is stood there as well as Bjorn, Ubbe and others. "Brother. Why have you come to lose? Kattegat will never be yours." Ivar laugh and nods. "That's what you think." Bjorn looks to Hvitserk. "You will die for what you did to my mother." He says and I watch him. He looks to me and then Eerikki.

"Another husband already?" I make a face and Eerikki speaks up. "Do not speak to my Mother that way." He holds up his sword and Bjorn looks to him. "It's okay." I speak and place a hand to his arm. "Mother?" I watch Bjorn and then bow my head once. "Now would be the time to change sides Isabella." I suck a breath in through my teeth. "Queen Isabella to you Bjorn Ironside." He chuckles. "King." I hum and nod. "Not for long." I say suggestively as I look to the hilt of my sword then back to him.

He furrows his brows and Alfred speaks. "Queen Isabella. I suggest you are to join us. Your kingdom will be in shambles if you are to continue with this." I shake my head and purse my lips. "If I am to die. My son will lead my legacy. No one else. He is just here to fight. He knows no side." I speak and Alfred nods. "As you wish. Who will begin the fight. We can set a duel. Whomever is stricken first, we fight."

"