Chapter 4

Tails have been away from the headquarters for weeks as he was busy helping the survivors. This time, Tails found the damaged E-123 Omega and tried to fix it.

"Hmm... That should have done it..." he said, "I couldn't figure it out for you, buddy. I'm sorry I wasn't smart enough. I'll try my best."

Suddenly, Chaos appeared from a sewer pipe and prepared to attack Tails.

"Whoa, Chaos!" gasped Tails and quickly grabbed a Wispon that he found on the ground to shoot him. Tails fired at Chaos but the God of Destruction dodged it and lunged at Tails, pinning him on the ground.

"H-Help me!!!" cried Tails.

Chaos was about to give Tails a finishing blow when a portal appeared and a small blue hedgehog came out from the portal and attacked Chaos via spin jump multiple times until he defeated Chaos.

"S... Sonic? You're... You're alive! Wait, what?" Tails turned and saw the blue hedgehog which it was..., "Oh.. You're that Sonic from Sonicverse 1, aren't you?"

Classic Sonic, that's what he's called, nodded in reply.

"Right, right, right that makes sense! I think. Do you know how you got here?" asked Tails and Classic Sonic shrugged.

"Maybe that power of the Phantom Ruby is somehow affecting other dimensions." said Tails, "Which might work to our advantage. I mean, everything happens for a reason, right? We need to save the world! And maybe that's why you're here. To help save the world! Either way, it's still good to see you, Sonic. Heck, it's good to see any Sonic!"

His words made Classic Sonic puzzled.

"Oh yeah! I better tell the resistance that you're here." said Tails as he was about to contact the resistance, his communicator got destroyed from Chaos' attack, "Oh man. Now I need a new communicator. Maybe I could proceed to fix Omega now. Wanna you help me?"

Classic Sonic nodded in reply. So Tails proceeded to fix Omega with Classic Sonic assisting him until...

"Done!"

Omega finally activated and the robot proceeded to help the other soldiers.

"I'm glad I fixed Omega." said Tails as they watched Omega going, "Say, why don't we help the others? Are you in?"

Classic Sonic gave him a thumbs up to agree.

"Alright. Then, let's go." said Tails and he and Sonic ran to help the others, "By the way, Sonic. How's Tails from your universe?"

Classic Sonic gave him a thumbs up in reply.

"Okay. I hope I could see him again."

They reached the north part of the city where lots of Badniks were there.

"Whoa. Those tin cans are in a world of pain." said Tails and prepared using the Wispon, "Ready, Sonic?"

Classic Sonic nodded in reply.

"Let's do it."

Classic Sonic and Tails charged towards the robots and Tails fired the Burst Wispon at the robots while Classic Sonic smashed them via spin dash.

"Feel the burn!" yelled Tails as he continued firing.

More incoming robots marched towards them. Classic Sonic and Tails dodged several lasers from the robots and proceeded to destroy them. The fight made Tails a little exhausted.

"I hope it's over this time." Tails panted.

But he was wrong. More robots marched towards them.