sewers and secrets

SEWERS AND SECRETS II

august 1989

"'She' Georgie, you call boats 'She'."

The group rounded the corner, coming across their friends and the brother that had been missing for almost a year.

"I wanna go home," The young boy sobbed, holding a dirty paper boat is his shaking hands.

Bill cried quietly, letting teardrops fall down his face.

"I miss you. I wanna be with mom and dad."

"I want more than anything for you to be home," Bill replied, choking down a sob, "With mom and dad. I miss you so much."

He moved toward the image of his brother as he spoke, sniffling.

"I love you, Billy,"

"I love you too," The teen spoke softly, stepping back and putting Mike's gun to Georgie's forehead while the boy cried, "But you're not Georgie."

The gun fired, throwing the light figure back to the cement with a thud. Bill breathed heavily, watching the boy scream and shake as he turned into a larger body. It.

"Kill it, Bill!" Everybody shouted while the clown stood on its feet, hanging limp from the waist down.

"Kill it!"

"Shoot it!"

"It's not loaded," Mike whispered, a spike in his hands.

"What?" Dawn stabbed.

"Hey, it's not loaded!"

Bill didn't listen, shooting the clown in the head.

It fell back, blood leaking out of the fake wound.

"Oh, shit!" Richie yelled, pulling the teenage girl back from the angry clown.

It lunged at them, tackling Bill and sinking its teeth into the useless metal in his hand before ripping it away, throwing it to the side.

"Leave him alone," Beverly shouted, swinging a spike that the clown grabbed, stopping the weapon.

"No!" Mike yelled, being hurtled into a wall.

Bill jumped onto the standing clown's back, holding a spike in its mouth to stop its razor-sharp teeth.

"Help him!"

The boys aided Bill, holding onto different parts of the spinning monster. He flung them off eventually, left with the boy with vengeance in his eyes.

The clown flipped over, putting him on his back before picking his up again by the throat.

"Bill!"

Richie pulled Dawn back, who was just about ready to die when she launched herself at the beast.

"Let him go."

"No," It shook its head," I'll take him. I'll take all of you and I'll feast on your flesh as I feed on your fear."

"Stop!" Dawn cried, tears rolling down her rosy cheeks.

"Or, you'll just leave us be. I will take him, only him, and I will have my long rest. And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives until old age takes you back to the weeds."

"Leave," Bill cried, his face in the clown's elbow, "I'm the one who dragged you all into this. I'm s-s-so s-s-s-sorry."

It mocked the boy's stutter, laughing at the situation.

"Go!"

"We aren't leaving you here to die, Bill!" Dawn shouted, trying to push her boyfriend's hand off her.

"Guys," Beverly looked at all the boys, "We can't."

Richie pushed Dawn behind him, standing up straight, "I told you, Bill. I fucking told you. I don't want to die. I don't want Dawn to die. It's your fault. You punched me in the face, you made me walk through shitty water, you brought me to a fucking crackhead house. And now..." He grabbed a bat from the pile of toys, "I'm gonna have to kill this fucking clown."

Dawn shifted the glass shards in her hand, waiting for the right time.

"Welcome to the Loser's Club, asshole!" Richie whacked the clown over the head, forcing him to fumble his feet.

They all took a turn at bashing it over the head until it started transforming into their fears. The burnt hands, the woman, a fucking crab looking thing. Ben stabbed it in the back, not flinching when it turned into his fear before it started grabbing his head. They screamed, whipping it with their respected weapons.

It turned into the leper and threw up on Eddie, who had his mouth open.

"I'm gonna kill you!" He shouted after spitting out the green goo, kicking it in the head.

It turned into someone Dawn had least expected. Her father.

"je ne peux jamais aimer une fée. tu me dégoutes. vous êtes une honte pour cette famille."

She froze instantly. It was true, she was disgusting, a disgrace.

The glass shard in her hand cut her slightly, seemingly pulling her back to reality. Dawn swung her hand, slicing a deep line in the monster's face. She continued to cut until it backed away, turning to Beverly.

"Hey, Bevvie. Are you still my little g-"

Beverly shoved a spike down its throat, stopping it momentarily. It choked the spike up, clanging it on the floor.

"oh, shit!"

It crawled backward, stopping against a small wall of cement. Coughing, it looked at each of the losers and started chuckling.

"That's why you didn't kill Beverly," Bill stepped toward it, a grin plastering on his face, "Cause s-s-she wasn't afraid."

"Newsflash fucker, we aren't scared either!" Dawn yelled, hand in hand with Richie.

"Not anymore. You the one who's afraid, because you're gonna starve."

The clown flipped back into the hole, "He thrusts his fists against the post and still insists he sees the ghost."

Stan handed Bill a stick, who pulled it up to his chin tauntingly.

"He thrusts his fists against the po-p-post," The clown dropped a little, hanging on by his hands.

The head on top of the scary body started to peel, white pieces floating around the air.

"Fear..." He jeered, falling down the hole without another sound.

"I know what I'm doing for my summer experience essay."

Dawn laughed, wrapping her arm around his back.

"Also, Dee, your shirt was loose this whole time, I just didn't have the heart to tell you."

She elbowed Richie in the ribs, tying it back up so she could step outside without it being public indecent exposure.

"Yeah, we could see your bra this whole time, wonderful motivation though."

Bill and Beverly embraced in a hug, having not seen each other for a total of 24 hours.

"Guys," Eddie pointed.

"The kids are coming down."

The grief-ridden boy walked to a pile of belongings, picking up a yellow raincoat. On the tag, in his mother's handwriting, stated, 'GEORGIE DENBROUGH'

He sobbed, surrounded by his closest friends. Dawn crouched in front of Bill, wrapping her arms around the boy in some sort of reassurance. The Loser's Club sat in the disgusting sewer, hugging the life out of each other while they sobbed.

Georgie was dead. Henry Bowers was dead. The killer clown was dead.

They were safe. Finally, completely and utterly safe from everybody but themselves.