5

~time skip~
Aoi's PoV:
God, I hate this place. Especially this uniforme why is it so hard to put on...
Walking a little bit further behind Marylynn, with Yukii still gripping my arm, I hear two students gossiping nearby.
Demon A: Hey, check it out. These are the humans everyone as been talking about. You think it's true what they say? That, Mammon became a babysitter?
I can feel Marylynn trying to hold her laugher and her remarks.
Demon B: well, if so, then I'd say that actually works out great, doncha think? If we wait and strike when he's not paying attention, he'll never figure out it was us.
Yukii grabs my arm harder in fear and I glare at the demons. Marylynn Turns her head toward them and I slap her back.
Marylynn: ow! What was that for?
She whisper yells and I shush my tone.
Me: don't you even think about saying anything.
Demon B: c'mon, we should devour the human before beel does.
She whips around faster than light and glares at them even harder.
Marylynn: don't even try to-
???: hey, you there.
We turn toward the voice, a Guy with layered, whitish silvery hair with bangs that curl toward the left, blue and yellow gradient eyes.
??: that's right. Blue haired girl with the angry look that demons don't like that much. If you anger them to much you will be practically saying "come eat me" to them.
He walks toward us and smiles politely.
??: your Name is Marylynn, and you both are Aoi and Yukii,right?
Me: y-yeah..
he turns toward Marylynn and hands her a D.D.D
???:This D.D.D belongs to you,right? I saw you drop it when your friend Aoi slapped you. Here take it.
She takes it gently and smiles a little.
Marylynn: thanks...wow I didn't even realise...
Who the hell is he and what does he want?? Why does he know our names?? He looks toward us and laughs slightly.
???:haha. What's with that look? There's no need to be suspicious of me. My names Solomon. I'm an exchange student from the human world as well. Lord diavolo probably mention
Yukii: oh thanks god.
She stops gripping my arm with the force of a titan and steps beside me.
Yukii: I'm sorry I thought you were a demon..
Solomon: nice to meet you all three.
Me: how do you know our names?
Solomon: you're probably not aware, but you three are a bit of celebrities in RAD right now. Just being an exchange student from the human world makes you special enough. But on top of that, you've got an infamous demon like Mammon looking after you all as well.
Marylynn scoffs.
Marylynn: looking after us? He's not even here at the moment. pitiful job he's doing let me tell you.
Me: He's doing his best?
Marylynn: are you defending him?
Me: no! I couldn't care less about him!
The horrible shriek of the Bell echoes in the halls and cuts our Meaningless Fight short.
Solomon: uh-oh well, was nice talking to you all but I better get going.see you around girls, take care.
Marylynn: Bye!
Yukii: bye Human guy! I'm actually kind of happy the other exchange student is nice.
We start walking toward our classroom and finally sit down for some boring ass classes.
~time skip~
Marylynn's PoV:
Lucifer: good morning, Marylynn.
I jump slightly and turn around, startled.
Lucifer: you've become quite the celebrity here, haven't you?
Me: oh, good morning lucifer...
lucifer: did you have a good night sleep? You looked relaxed before but you seem even more now. But, be sure not to let your guard down. I don't want you to end up getting eaten by some random, lesser demon. It would only mean plenty of paperwork for me, I don't need that. Was that Solomon I saw you guys talking with earlier? Knowing he's also a human, I must say he can't be trusted.he may be a mere human, but he has a ring imbued of wisdom, and he wields powerful magic. He's the type of man who will try to subjugate even a powerful, greater demon if he gets the chance.
Wait..
that reminds me of what Leviathan said...
~flashback~
Levi: Lucifer as something Mammon wants, something he'd kill to get.im referring to mammon's credit card, which lucifer took away from him.
His eyes seem to scan my confused/disgusted face quickly and he continues to talk.
Levi:....Hey I see your face, and I know what your thinking. "A credit card?pff, why would he care so much about something like that?" Well you have no idea how much he depends on that thing. Let's see, what did he used to call it again? "My one true love"? It was something like that. It was like he thought it was a woman. He probably named it. I bet he even slept with it.
Me: gross.
Levi: I know right! That idiot used it constantly. Never stopped. Eventually, lucifer had enough of this behaviour, so he confiscated it. There's nothing mammon wouldn't do for his credit card. I'm sure of it.so listen up, you need to talk to lucifer and find out where he's hidden it. Of course he can't suspect anything. You've got to be subtle, like it happened to come up naturally. Make sure you do a good job, or else!
Me: or else what? You'll punish me?
I grin softly and he shakes his head.
Levi: don't get full of yourself.
~end of flashback~
Lucifer: what is it Marylynn? Is there something you'd like to ask me?
Me: what happens when a students valuables are confiscated?
He seems surprised.
Fuck Mary-
Lucifer:...why would you want to know something like that? Regardless, I suppose it doesn't hurt to tell you.
Oh, FUCK YEAH MARY.
Lucifer:Compared to other schools, RAD traditionally allows students quite a bit of freedom. However, if the students council decides that a student possesses something that is causing problems, we do confiscate in some cases. Sometimes we return the item to the students after a certain amount of time passes and sometimes, we don't. Any particular Reasons you asked?
Me: just curious. Say, what kind of weaknesses does mammon have?
Lucifer: are you implying that you think I know his weaknesses, and can exploit them when I like? Because, I suppose that in a way it's true. However, that's not the only reason he can't say no to me. As long has we're on the subject, it just so happens that I've taken one particular weakness of his and Frozen it.
The horrible shriek of the bell rings and he looks back at me.
Lucifer: that's the first bell. Class is about to start. Time to get going. You might want to hurry too, you don't want to be late for your classes here don't you?
I walk back to the class and sit back down in my place.
Aoi: where the fuck were you?
Me: I was talking with Lucifer chill...
I get my D.D.D our under the table and send a text message to levi.
Me: I talked to lucifer. I got something. He said he had frozen something.
I look back up toward the class and wait for the answer. The answer never came...
~time skip~
It's really late, but I can't sleep. I keep thinking about how there's a brother I haven't met yet. My D.D.D suddenly Rings and I look at the message.
Leviathan: you say lucifer mentionned having frozen something? Are you sure he said that?
Oh, he finally answered my message from earlier.
Me: look who's answering. And yes, I'm absolutely sure.
Leviathan: come to the kitchen, right now.
Me:okay?
Leviathan: don't tell anyone what you're doing. I don't want anyone to mistakenly think that I hang out with some human normie.
I roll my eyes and get out of my room, starting to walk toward the kitchen. When I come close to the kitchen door, some eating noise can be heard...
there's obviously someone else in there.. I open the door and meet Beelzebub.
Beelzebub: ah, perfect timing. Listen, do you have any food on you? Because there's not nearly enough in the fridge.......I'm hungry.
Me: no...I'm sorry Beelzebub.
Beelzebub: anyway, what are you doing in the kitchen so late?
Oh ho...
uh...
Me: I-i...was h-hungry! Yeaah...
I let out a anxious laugh and smile.
Beelzebub: ah, you're hungry? That makes two of us then. In that case, I understand. When you start feeling hungry in the middle of the night, it's not like you can just wait until morning to eat. Oh, and the refrigerator is empty, I ate everything in it.
Me: oh....it's fine really.
Beelzebub: I'm leaving.im pretty sure Lucifer is hiding an apple in the desk of the study..
Me: oh..okay bye...
I look at him walk out of the door and let out a sigh of relief.
???: Psst...hey!!
I turn around and meet Levi, hiding..?
Me: what are you doing hiding there?
Levi: why do you think? Beel was just in there! I can't have him finding me with you, now can I?!
I scoff.
Me: well now that's just rude...
I scan his casual outfit..
not bad.
Me: nice outfit.
Levi: l-let's get to the point! So it's true right? Lucifer definitely used the word "frozen"?
Me: affirmative.
Levi: in that case, it could only be hidden in...here.
He pulls me in front of the freezer.
Me: in the freezer?
He opens it and starts looking in it.
Levi: hmmm...all I see is a bunch of ice inside....
me: well no shit captain obvious!
He groans something and keeps looking.
Levi: oh wait, look! It's the ice cream Satan hid from beel about a century ago. I totally forgot about it. Heh, I'm not going to tell him.
Me: let me guess, because it'd spoil the joke?
Levi: of course! He'll probably figure it out in another 200 years or so I'd say..wait a second! There's something else behind the ice.
Reaching into the freezer once more, Leviathan pulls out mammon's credit card.
Levi: found it! Lucifer really wasn't lying. He really DID freeze it!
Me: is that supposed to be a dad joke?
Levi: ugh! It's super heavy! And big too! I'm gonna put it in the microwave and thaw it. Let's see, i guess about two minutes should do the trick..
I lean against the counter and Levi stand impatiently in front of the microwave. When the door suddenly bursts open. I turn my head toward it.
Mammon: what's with all the racket you two?.....hey, wait a minute! There in the microwave....
he bounces in joy.
Mammon: that looks like Goldie, my credit card! My baby! The one thing more important to me than life itself!!
Me: wow, it really is gross and pathetic...
mammon: get it outta there before the microwave demagnetises it and makes it useless!
Levi: Ooh, didn't think of that. Better stop the defrost cycle I guess!
Mammon: Levi, you idiot! How could you do somethin' so stupid?! You're dumb as a stump, ya know that?!
Levi: hm, are you SURE you should be talking to me like that, mammon? After all, I'm the one who found the credit card lucifer took from you.
Mammon seems surprised and taken aback.
Levi: so, you want me to give it back?
Mammon: YOU'D BETTER!..um..I mean, yes please. Please give it back, Leviathan Sir!
Mammon drops on his knees and I cringe a little.
Me: pathetic...
Levi: oh wow, this is embarrassing! I can't believe that's all it took for you to abandon your pride! You're even down on your knees! You're one of the seven rulers of the Devildom mammon. Shouldn't you be a little ashamed of yourself?
The kitchen door's open and I look back.
Aoi!!
Perfect timing.
I mention her to stay quiet.
Levi: well, whatever...okay then, if you want your card back, you've got to give me the Seraphina figurine you won at the convenience store.
Mammon: the sera...what now? What're ya talkin' about? I don't remember win in' anything.
I can feel Levi being mad now.
Levi: I don't believe this! You forgot that you even had her! How could you?!
Mammon: ugh, whatever you want, I'll give it to ya! Just give me back my credit card!
Levi: all right, but I have another condition.
I hear Aoi walking toward us and she takes The credit card from levi's hand.
Aoi: I want you to make a pact with me.
Mammon smiles.
Mammon: right a pact. Fine. I'm more than happy to do whatever you...WAIT WHAT?! Why d'ya want ME to make a PACT?!
Levi: think about it: if you make a pact with Aoi, you'll have to do whatever your told right? Then if she orders you to give me my money back, you won't have a choice but to do it! And I win!
Mammon: Pff it's just money Levi! I can't believe you're going through all this trouble just for money'
Me:excuse me? Remind me again which one of you two tossed away what little pride he had left, to get his hands on a stupid credit card?
Aoi: also,yet what I'm holding is Still only just a credit card! And nothing more.
Mammon: Shut up humans! And you! Blue hair! What are you doing thinking of letting Levi use you around like that?!
Me: I just helped him..
Aoi: Make a pact with me, Mammon.
Mammon: UH-HU. NO WAY! NOT INTERESTED! I am the GREAT mammon, avatar of greed, one of the seven rulers of The Devildom! Fool...do you think I'd let some human be the boss of me?
Aoi: fine then.
She opens the microwave and tossed the Credit card in it. She's going to press the start button when-
Levi: oooohhh luciiiiiifeeeerrrr
Mammon: I mean, of course I'll make a pact with you, human! I'd be thrilled to!
A mark suddenly appeared on mammon's collar bone.
Mammon: ya know you are getting one too..
Aoi: huh?!
She looks down her hoodie and shrieks.
Aoi: my mom is going to KILL ME.