twenty one

Hospital Wing

Harry pushed open the door and quietly slid into the Hospital Wing, not wanting to disturb anyone.

He walked towards Draco's bed and also where Pansy, Hermione, Ron and Blaise were surrounding. Pansy was leaning on Hermione, looking towards Draco.

"Uh, 'Mione? What happened? Why did you text me?", Harry asked with his voice toned down.

Hermione turned behind to look at Harry. Her eyes followed him as he walked towards them and stood beside her, facing Draco.

"Hey, Harry. Do you know what happened?", Hermione said in a gentle voice.

Harry shook his head, "Kind of, but not really."

"I'll just assume you don't know anything.", Hermione stated, "Pansy, do you want to go back to your common room first?"

Pansy shook her head silently.

"Alright.", Hermione leaned onto her head for a moment and it came back up. "Harry, how did you know that Draco was in Moaning Myrtle?", she questioned.

"I-I was walking by and I saw-", Harry started nervously.

"Harry.", Hermione commanded. "I know you, you wouldn't skip classes just to casually walk around the school. Please, tell us how did you know?"

"I,", Harry stopped to sigh, "I saw him this morning, when I snuck out of the common room. He was in Moaning Myrtle's Bathroom and I wanted to check up on him.. So I just..."

Hermione stopped Harry, "Harry, what was he doing in Moaning Myrtle's Bathroom this morning?"

"He was... Cutting his arm.", Harry looked away, because he knew he should've stepped in. "Draco was cutting the dark mark, crying about how people treated him and all the Slytherins like a Deatheater.", Harry choked out as tears dropped onto the Hospital Wing's floor.

He hadn't realise that he was crying, Harry also couldn't tell if he felt guilt or felt sad that Draco on the bed. Maybe even both.

"It has been going on for awhile now.", Blaise spoke up. "Long before last week, when he was first sent to the Hospital Wing. He started cutting.... a month ago?"

Pansy nodded her head to confirm the timeline.

"All the cuts were shallow, so although we did try our best to keep supporting him, he would always smile and tell us that he has stopped. We would always believe him, then find small blades or cuts showing through his sleeve.", Blaise explained.

"It's alright, I'll continue from here.", Pansy inhaled deeply and carried her head up with her bright eyes, obviously struggling to maintain it.

Hermione looked at her girlfriend sadly, but Pansy insisted to continue.

"Draco didn't stop cutting, stop cutting his wrists, yes. But the cuts travelled up to his dark mark. Everytime we asked, he would always says that everything is perfectly fine. We checked his wrists, but not his dark mark.", Pansy sighed.

"So, Harry Potter. Now that you know that Draco is a fragile, lying, annoying git who always, always makes people worry, are you still willing to be friends?", Pansy looked at Harry, her eyes wavering.

Sniffing, Harry used his robes to swipe his tears. He couldn't give an answer. Or more like, he wanted to say yes, but his voice didn't seem to work.

It wasn't that he was unwilling to be Draco's friend because he was 'a fragile, lying, annoying git who always, always makes people worry', but it was because he wasn't sure if he could protect Draco. He wasn't sure if he could stop Draco, he wasn't sure if he could help Draco.

"I'm sorry.", Harry started. Pansy, Hermione, Ron and Blaise's faces noticeably dropped. "But-"

Ron lashed out, "Harry! You bloody bastard-!".

"Ron, he was about to say something.", Blaise stopped him, and Ron folded his arms and stared at Harry.

"But,", Harry repeated and continued. "It's not because I don't accept him as an annoying git. It's.. Because I don't know if I can help him. And it really pains me to see him lying here, unconscious."

Pansy held Hermione hand and posed the question. "Potter.", she got his attention. "Do you like this dumb blonde boy?"

Harry was confused at why Pansy asked that question, but he thought about it. How did he feel about Draco?