Chapter 13: Showdown At The Pool

Note: Transcript provided by Ariane DeVere/ Callie Sullivan

***

Alice felt herself regain her consciousness. Her head hurt- bad. She was in an empty room, only one light hung from the ceiling, providing light in the small space. She looked down, surprised to find that she was now in a chair with her hands cuffed behind her back. Thank God I'm still wearing the same clothes. She thought to herself.

"There is no point; you trying to escape," A voice said as the door opened. In walked three men, one of whom, Alice recognized.

"You," Alice breathed out, shocked. "Jim?"

"Ah, I see you recognize me, Alice. James Moriarty," Jim gave her a little wave. "But feel free to call me Jim. I must admit, you have fantastic style. Doesn't she Sebastian?" Jim asked the sandy-haired man on his right. Upon closer inspection, Alice realized that Sebastian was the man she accidentally ran into earlier, the one who drugged her. Sebastion merely nodded before turning his attention back to Moriarty. "Uncuff her," He ordered. Sebastian did as he was told and proceeded to uncuff Alice's wrists.

"You're our bomber. Tell me, why now are you coming into the light. Why not just stay in the shadows, hidden and safe?" Alice asked, rubbing her sore wrists. "What are you? A consulting criminal of some sorts?"

"See, that is what I like about you," Jim said, learning forward to cup her face. Alice refused to let him see her fear. "You've got the brains and the body. I've done my research on you, Miss. Whitmer, and let me just say, I am astounded. And can I just comliment you on your privious work? If you ever get tired of being on the side of good, there is always a spot open for someone with you history and expertise on my team,"

"I'm sorry, but I must delcine your offer, Mr. Moriarty. And whatever dirt you found on me, stays buried. Now, where are we?" Alice asked, pushing Jim away with her foot.

"The pool where poor Carl Powers died and the two of you, are going to help me." Jim snapped his fingers and the door opened. John entered the room, dressed in enough explosives to destroy the entire building.

"John," Alice gasped, horrified.

"Little Johnny here, is going to be the first part of the plan," Moriarty placed his hand on John's shoulder, much to the doctor's chagrin. "But you, my darling, will be the final act. Wait here; I need to see if our dear Sherlock has decided to come and play," Moriarty left the room, leaving only John and Alice to wait.

"Alice, oh dear God, are you okay?" John franticly asked.

"Yeah, I should ask you the same thing," Alice stood up, trying to get a better look at John's vest. "The wiring, it's too complicated. I can't defuse it without the proper tools, I'm so sorry," Alice said, disappointed in herself.

"How did you even get here?"

"I got drugged on my way home in Covent Garden, you?"

"Can't say that I comletely remember,"

"Showtime Johnny boy," Moriarty said, entering the room once more with Sebastian right behind him. Another one of Moriarty's henchmen arrived and escorted John out to the pool, leaving only Sebastian and Alice in the room.

*

Sherlock opened the door to the indoor swimming pool. "Brought you a little getting-to-know-you present," He announced to the empty room. "Oh, that's what it's all been for, hasn't it? your little puzzles; making me dance- all to distract me from this." Sherlock said, holding up the memory stick. Sherlock turned in a slow circle, waiting for a response. John walked through another door to see Sherlock in absolute shock.