Chapter 23: Javier

(AN- Yes I used Javier Escuella from rdr2. I love that character)

"why are we here?" Daniel whispered as we followed Joseph through the fancy building.

I shrugged. "I don't know," I whispered.

"What is this place?" He asked in confusion.

"It's a casino," I explained. "All those table with green cloth on it they are to play cards on."

A few hours ago Daniel and I were dragged out of the cave and ordered to wash in the bathroom at the cabin, fancy clothes were left on the bed for us to change into then we had to get into a car with Joseph Jameson a two other men while another car full of men followed behind us. We drove for around an hour and we ended up at the back of a large building, we followed Jameson inside the building and the men were behind us obviously making sure we didn't run off.

Jameson led us up a large flight of stairs that felt like it went on ages, even the men behind us struggled to walk up the steps but soon enough we made it to the top of the stairs and we entered an office which overlooked the casino, stood my the windows was a man, he looked very different to the others, he had tanned skin, a rugged look about him, moustache and long- ish hair that was tied back in a low ponytail.

"Ah Javier!" Jameson greeted. "You got here alright?"

The man named Javier nodded. "No thanks to those guys," He stated in a thick spanish accent and pointed to the men behind up. "Weren't very clear where!"

"Well ya made it didn't ya, greaser!" A man behind me spat.

"Maldito idiota!" Javier said in spanish.

The man stepped in front of me. "The hell you say?" He asked in a temper.

Without thinking I stepped forward. "He said for christ sake!" I lied and everyone looked at me. "He didn't say anything offensive to you."

Javier and I shared a look, just a simple blank look. "Anyway, Javier, these two children are under your care up here, they are to sit and look out the window until we are finished," Jameson explained. "Everyone else with me. Javier I will lock you all in to keep you safe."

Daniel stood by my side as we watched everyone but Javier leave and lock the door behind them.

I looked at Javier. "De nada!" I told him as I sat down on the bar stool that was next to the window.

"You knew exactly what I said!" Javier said in surprise.

I nodded. "Yes," I stated. "You called him a fucking idiot."

Daniel sat on the bar stool and we watched the casino door open. Many people walked into the casino but one thing they all had in common was that they all had money, every person that entered the casino looked stunning in their expensive clothes, their jewelry was probably worth thousands of pounds. I watched people play black jack, I watched them play poker, I watched them drink and I watched some people get kicked out for being drunk or for trying to start a fight.

After an hour Daniel sat at the table with Javier and they were playing poker well Javier was trying to teach Daniel how to play poker which seemed to be difficult as Daniel struggled to understand Javier's accent.

"That man down there is cheating," I mumbled as I looked down at a poker table.

"How do you know?" Javier asked.

I huffed, "The man across from him is wearing glasses, he's looking in the reflection of the glasses to see the cards," I explained. "Lucky guy's had ace's twice in a row."