XIV

"I'm so glad we're going home." Prentiss rested her head on the back of her seat, closing her eyes. She adjusted herself in her seat, slouching slightly as she prepared herself for a well deserved nap.

"Same." I responded, gripping my coffee tightly as I scrolled through my phone mindlessly. I'd taken it upon myself to research this Elliot Warren guy on social media. I scrolled through his Instagram, trying to hold back a smile as I sifted through his pictures. Based on what I found I could tell he liked dogs. Almost half his pictures were him and his German Shepard who was huge and absolutely adorable. Much like him.

Prentiss took a quick peek, resting the side of her face on my shoulder. "Oh he's cute!" She pointed to my phone, but instead of doing that she pressed it, which caused me to like it.

I almost screamed, immediately unliking it and pushed her off of me. She erupted in laughter, watching me as I basically had a full on existential crisis. I brought my hand to my mouth, resting it there as I stared at the floor in complete disbelief. "Oh, my god," she said between laughs, "I'm so sorry I didn't mean to do that."

I glared at her. "I actually hate you."

Morgan looked over at us. "What are you doing?"

"She's," Prentiss took a deep breath, clutching her chest, "stalking that coroner."

"I am not!"

Morgan smiled. "Ah, yes, Reid told me about that."

"Reid!"

He held in a laugh as he pulled his book up to his face.

I let out a defeated groan as I sipped my coffee. There was nothing worse than liking someone's picture from two months ago, especially after only meeting them for less than twelve hours to investigate a murder. I was absolutely humiliated. I was never going to recover.

The rest of the ride consisted of Prentiss both teasing and apologizing profusely. At one point I got out of my seat and sat with Rossi who was too busy reading to even pay attention to me.

When we got to the office I sat at my desk and did my paperwork until it was finished. I walked into Hotch's office, throwing my file down with the rest of them before leaving. He didn't even look up at me.

"Alright, see you guys tomorrow."

"Woah, woah, woah." Morgan stood up from his desk, walking over to me. "We're going out tonight. Hotch promised us a full weekend so we're celebrating."

I rolled my eyes. "Do you guys drink every weekend?"

Prentiss shrugged.

"Guys, I'm tired," I wined, "I almost got murdered."

"All the more reason to celebrate." Garcia shuffled out of her office excitedly. She ran up to me, gripping me in a tight hug. "By the way, definitely glad you're not dead."

"Thanks." I pulled away, smiling slightly.

"Go home and go get ready," Morgan put his hand on my shoulder, giving it a tight squeeze, "I'll pick you up later."

"Sure, whatever. You're buying though." I rolled my eyes.

"Have you paid for a single drink since you've started here?" Garcia asked.

"Nope, she used my tab the other night." Prentiss glared.

"Those were for everybody." I replied with a smirk.

She threw a pen in my direction. I caught it and threw it back. "I'll see you later." I turned on my heel, listening as they yelled their goodbyes.