Chapter 43 +

JIMIN POV

I opened the door to see her. I pretended to be pissed. That expression was setting onto my face permanently nowadays. She didn't look at me.

She was wearing a black tshirt and denims. Black always looked good on her. She had another black dress. She wore that one day to work. She looked really pretty. I always noticed what she would wear. She looked pretty in most of them.

I stared at her angrily. Well, that's the only way I can look at her. I can't afford to look at her lovingly.

Father talked with her. Again, he tried to put me down.. what else can I expect anyway?

But he didn't force her to stay.

Why?!

I know I chased her away.

But I hoped he would force her to come back.

She left. I will probably never see her again. Why didn't he make her stay?!!

"I thought you would make her stay." The spite in my words were clear.

"She didn't want to. Why would I make her stay anyway?"

"Well, because she's your slut's daughter?" Shit. I didn't mean to say that. My anger was getting out of control.

"What did you say?" He looked at me confused and angry.

"N-nothing."

He got up to me and pulled me by the collar.

"What the hell did you just say?"

He was trying to be innocent. After all that he did. He screwed up everything. I wouldn't be in this situation if it weren't for him. And here he is pretending to be all noble. I couldn't stand it. I HATE HIM.

So I snapped.
"I said that I thought you would make her stay because she was your slut's daughter. Your illicit child who you thought was more important than me. Your mistake that you wanted to cover up so badl-" I was speaking with so much courage fuelled by years of frustration and pent-up anger until he slapped me.

I was ready to speak more. He can hit me all he wants. But the pain that I felt all these years unwanted by him will always speak. It was my mother's only voice. That poor woman didn't deserve that.

"Hit me more. But don't think you can cove-"

"Don't speak about things you don't know, Jimin." He released his hand from my collar. "What do you know about her, huh?"

I had heard this question before.

"You are just like your mother. Always assuming things. If she was my illicit child, she wouldn't have to suffer what she has gone through."

"Tell me, what do you know about her? Do you have proof that she is my daughter?"

"Then why did you never tell anything to mother when she asked you about it? What were we supposed to think?" My anger and courage died down. All that I was left with was confusion. I could sense that he was telling the truth and now everything makes zero sense.

"I said what I said for a reason." He sighed.

"Who is she?" I asked. I wanted to know. For the first time I really had no clue who she was. No assumptions. No hate. Just pure curiosity

He looked at me for a while and I could say he was considering whether or not to tell me.

"You must hate me right now, Jimin. You must have hated me all these years." He sighed.