Height | Connie Springer

The unbearable heat only made laying the tracks for the train harder, the heavy wood and metal being placed in the dirt while the others sat in the wagon to rest.

"Why do we have to do it? I'm gonna fucking collapse." you groan, lifting another track and placing it down. Eren laughs, "Stop complaining (Y/N), the sooner we get this done the better."

"But it's so hot, it's like I'm being cooked under the heat." you whine, sitting in the wagon and fanning yourself with a straw hat you found laying there.

"Now I'm hungry!" Sasha complains, almost drooling while she lifts a track and sets it down. Jean laughs, adjusting his hat with a straw in his mouth. "You're always hungry, Sasha."

Connie walks to the wagon, snatching the straw hat that you held and placed it on his head. "That's mine, thank you very much."

You got up, jumping off the wagon and trying to snatch it back from his head. Your friends laughed and watched before Mikasa pointed out, "Connie grew taller, no wonder you can't reach him."

"What?" you stopped, looking at Mikasa. She held a calm look while you had a shocked and mock-hurt expression, "I'm not short."

"You're short!" Connie laughs, removing the hat from his head and putting it on yours. "It's alright, you're still cute as ever."

Mumbling curses, you walk off and continue laying the tracks down. Once and a while you would say, "I'm not short." that didn't go unnoticed by the people present as they tried to contain their amusement at the scene.

~~

Laughs and chatter echoed the base of the Survey Corps, you on the other hand were very fucking tired and desperate for sleep. You leaned against Connie's shoulder, trying to fight your sleep while your friends were chatting.

Yawning, you rubbed your eyes and adjusted your position to make yourself more comfortable on Connie's shoulder. He looked over to you with a grin, laughing to himself on how cute you looked trying your best to stay awake. He kissed your head which earned a hum in response from you, you held his hand and closed your eyes.

This caught the attention of their friends as they silently cheered and teased the hazel eyed boy. He blushed and brought his finger to his lips to tell them to be quiet, warning them to lower their voices when they're chatting around the sleeping girl. They agreed and continued with their chatter.

Connie occasionally snuck glances at you, admiring your sleeping form. He noticed how your lips were parted where even breaths came out, how at peace you were even if you were only seated. Brushing the hair that fell on your face, he mentally screamed at himself on how lucky he was to have you as is.

He was in complete bliss, lucky to have you by his side alive after all these years. He was happy to have someone there with him especially after the truth of his family's disappearance. The only people he truly cherished in this world who were still alive were you, Sasha, and Jean.

As the night went on, everyone started retreating back to their rooms. You were still asleep, so he decided to carry you to your room and tuck you in. He gently scooped you up, his arm supporting your thighs and your back. Being careful to not wake you up, he bid the others goodnight and made his way to your room.

"You must be really tired, huh?" he whispered, opening your room's door to step inside and close the door shortly after. He set you down on the bed, removing your boots and tucking you in. He marvelled at the sight of the moonlight glistening on your skin, you looked like an angel to him.

He couldn't help but smile brightly, caressing your cheek and humming a soft tune. You stirred in your sleep, moving to your side facing him. He continued humming his tune, lulling you to sleep.

Bringing his lips to your forehead, he kissed it and let it linger a little longer. He wanted this moment to last forever, a peaceful moment with the one he loves so dearly. As he was about to leave, he heard your quiet voice.

"Please stay with me." you mumbled, half-asleep. Not wanting to leave you all alone, especially when you're so tired, he quietly kicked off his boots and set them next to yours.

Climbing beside you, your back was faced to him and he wrapped an arm around your waist. He hummed a tune once again, rubbing his thumb against your skin in a soothing manner.

"Thank you." you mumbled again. You could feel the vibrations coming off his chest as he chuckled. Kissing the back of your head, "You're welcome. I love you, you know that?" came out as a murmur.

You only mumbled incoherent words which he assumed was a yes as you fell into a deep slumber, not long after he did so too. And there you two slept peacefully with you in his arms, he was sure to cherish this moment forever and thanked the stars that he was so blessed to have you.

As morning came, you two refused to get up. Both of you were awake but decided to cuddle under the blankets. Your face buried in his chest as he played with your hair with his eyes closed, your legs were tangled together. The sun was yet to come up but you both knew that there would be morning roll-call soon.

Your friends who were curious why you two weren't present decided to check Connie's room for it to be unoccupied, so they headed to yours. The sight of you and Connie cuddling was a shock to them, they giggled and whispered to one another. Connie noticed this and sent them a glare, using his free hand to wave them off and mouthing, "Shut up and go away."