In Place of Him.

Zaiden POV

"Are you going to leave me in the dark or do I have to figure everything out for myself?" I say to Cain as I watch Bunny play with the cubs and Kovu.

"Cain has a feeling that the mafia that this woman is married into will do something to Black Dragon." I look at Niall and Cain pushes him away, "Who said we were telling him?"

Niall pushes him back, "I did."

"So before you kill that woman we want to talk to her." Niall says as he rubs Cookie's head.

I walk back to the house, "I'll think about if I let you talk to her when you find that woman's name."

I hear Niall scoff and Cain groans, "You're acting like a kid."

I look back at him and smile, "Well, since you treated Kade like a kid its time for you to treat me like one now. Find the woman's name."

I walk into the house and go to my room. I pull out the case that I found at the house and look at the pictures. I notice a picture that I am in and don't recognize the person I'm standing beside.

It's a picture of me and girl we're smiling at the camera. I look at the background and notice it's not my house, but someone else's. I look at the girl a few seconds longer and notice that she has a bruise on her arm.

"What happened to your arm, my dear old friend?"

I sit down on my bed and think about the dream I had the other night. "I'm always on the roof of my high school and a girl that's bruised up comes to talk to me."

I look back at the picture, "Are you the girl in my dreams or a coincidence?"

I hear a knock on my door and I don't answer. I put the picture up and put the case on my nightstand. Seconds later Nancy comes in and she closes the door behind her. She leans against the door, "Who is that man that came in with you and Lyric?"

I raise my eyebrow, "Luke. You don't trust him?"

She looks at me, "Do you?"

I lay down on my bed and look at the ceiling, "He's here, isn't he? What does that tell you?"

She doesn't say anything back, "Would I let anything happen to you?" I question her and I smile.

"I can't hear your head nod."

"No, you wouldn't. I'm still here because you kept your promise to me."

I hum in response, "I trust Luke. There's not a lot of people that I trust." She sits down beside me and sighs, "You trust Cain?"

I shrug my shoulders, "I don't know yet. Do you trust Cain?"

She lays down beside me, "I do."

I finally look at her, "Why?"

She shrugs her shoulders, "If they really wanted to do something to you they would have been done it. Niall's not a bad person. He works for the government and also secretly working with the mafia. Kade is just someone who doesn't express his feelings. Zaiden Thompson is a psycho, but someone who I can trust."

She shows me a small smile and I sit up, "When did me and you first meet?"

Before she can answer someone knocks on the door. Nancy walks to the door and opens it up. Nancy walks out and I walk to the door. "Did you forget I was here?" Luke asks me.

I shake my head and laugh, "I was talking to Nancy about something. She doesn't seem to trust you."

He raises his eyebrow, "What is she to you?"