prologue.

00

PROLOGUE

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

"Rosie!" Thomas shouted through the camp as he looked for his girlfriend, he entered the tent that they shared to see her working hard on something new that they were about to use on a mission to try and get Minho back, "Rosa, are you ready? We are going to leave soon."

She nodded silently and screwed the last bolt secure before rubbing her head, "I am now. This should help remove the cart from the train rails."

He stood behind her and rubbed her shoulders soothingly, "Thanks for doing this, it really means a lot to me."

She smiled and leaned back into his embrace as he pressed a quick kiss to his head, "Minho has been my friend for years, the least I could do it get him out. I owe him that much."

He grinned widely as she stood up and wrapped her arms around his neck, "When we get Minho out, I think all of us Gladers should just have one night to ourselves, like the old days. We can light a fire, drink some booze and just chill, we are owed that."

He nodded and leaned forward, slightly shocked when she met him halfway and collided her lips against his slowly, both of them moving in rhythm. She giggled as his hands travelled down her back and rested on her hips, pushing against his body and enjoying the moment.

It was times like these that the world melted around her and it was just them, no worries about the future. They had both been working hard to try and find a way to get Minho safely home and away from WICKED, neither having time to themselves. So when they did get a second of free time, they spent it together.

"Ahem," Maria coughed from the entrance of the tent, making them pull apart, "We are ready when you are."

Maria turned and left them alone, leaving them to exchange a quick peck and walk out behind her. She passed the new tool to Newt, "Be careful with it, I haven't had time to check it out and I don't know how hot it will get."

He nodded and jumped on the back of a car without a word, making Rosa just shrug with confusion and join Vince and Thomas in their own vehicle.

"You guys ready?" Vince asked them.

"As ready as I'll ever be," Rosa replied and checked the magazine on her pistol, wedging it in the holster around her thigh in case they ran into some trouble.