Yazoo

And now my baby's dancing
But she's dancing with another man

The days they spent apart was more then usual, they used to spend everyday together. But in Yazoo's mind, there was nothing wrong with the distance. Because, his girlfriend was a little too clingy for his liking. Always asking for his time, asking if she looked good in a dress, which was a small sign of insecurity. Since he did love her, he didn't mind, and since he never had any experience with relationships, he thought that this was normal. But of course, there was something wrong.

"Just think about it, (Y/n)." Tifa said, trying to look sympathetic at (Y/n), who stared down at the ground. Yuffie nodded, agreeing to what Tifa had said.
"C'mon, (Y/n)." Yuffie pushed, "You're a good, and a strong women. You don't need this."
(Y/n) looked at her friends, knowing that they did have a point, which hurt the most.
"All you ever wanted was just simple things, and he can't even give you the time." Tifa said,
"And there is someone who is willing to do that for you. You deserve better." Yuffie added, (Y/n) nodded her head slowly, trying to take everything in. (Y/n) then got up, dusting her shorts off, and straightening her composure.
"Thank you. But, I need to time think this over." (Y/n) said, before turning around and walking away from her friends and out of the seventh heaven bar.

(Y/n) knew they were right, all she wanted was the simple things. Of course, she tried to communicate with him, but all her efforts would be shot down. Her latest memory was when she was begging Yazoo to take her to a couple's dance that was happening downtown. Well, it went like this.

"Yazoo?" (Y/n) slowly walked towards Yazoo, she nervously twirled her hair.
"Yes?" He turned his attention to her.
"Well.." (Y/n) started, " There's a dance and I was wondering if we can go? Every couple gets a cute red and white flower."
Yazoo didn't answer, (Y/n) looked down at the floor, already knowing his answer.
"I don't know, (Y/n)." He said, turning back around. "Dancing isn't really my thing."
"I-I know, but-"
"Why would you even want a flower? It's just a weed." Yazoo said, the tone of his voice changed into one of annoyed and tired.
"It's just, flowers are just so rare and I love the smell of them. I never had a real one before." (Y/n) said, her eyes leaving the floor and now stared at Yazoo, even though he wasn't facing her.
"You see something once, and I never hear the end of it." Yazoo complained, (Y/n) frowned.
"S-sorry I asked." (Y/n) stuttered, fighting back her tears.
"Don't cry here," He said, "Go home if you're going to cry."
(Y/n) nodded, she turned around and walked out.

(Y/n) suddenly felt her body hit something hard, sending her to the ground.
"Ow." She said, closing her eyes and rubbing her arm that she fell on.
"Oh, (Y/n). I'm sorry." A voice said, already grabbing at (Y/n)'s arm and pulling her up. (Y/n) opened her eyes and saw Vincent.
"Hi Vincent." She said, flatly, trying to give him a fake smile. Vincent rose an eyebrow, noticing her usual, bubbly attitude was gone.
"Is everything okay?" Vincent asked, (Y/n) nodded.
"Just fine." She gave him a big smile, which he saw right through.
"You're a terrible liar." Vincent stated, crossing his arms. (Y/n)'s smile fell, she then huffed and crossed her arms.
"I'm going to go break up with Yazoo." She said, her heart becoming heavy from saying those words. Vincent's eyes widened.
"Should I ask?" Vincent asked, his arms still crossed.
"Nope." (Y/n) said, walking past Vincent. Vincent watched as she walked away, he noticed her hands were shaking. He sighed, he shook his head and yelled out for her.
"(Y/n)!" He yelled, making her turned back around. He sighed again, "would you like to go to the dance tonight?"
(Y/n)'s eyes widened, she then smiled.
"I didn't know you liked to dance." She remarked,
"I don't." He said, "But I know you like to."
(Y/n)'s smiled widened, she then nodded.
"So would you like to go with me?" He asked again,
"Yeah," she smiled, "I would love to."
With that, (Y/n) turned around and made the long walk to Yazoo's and the other remnants place.

Her heart was racing, she felt her palms sweat. Once she reached the hideout, she walked in, she didn't hear anyone. So, she called out.
"Hello?" She yelled. No answer.
"Great." She said, sarcastically. She then thought of the next best idea, it was to write Yazoo a note and tell him the reasons why she broke up with him and leave so she won't have to face him. So, she started, finding a piece of paper and a pen, and she began.

Dear Yazoo

This isn't going to be easy to write, but I have to do it. Yazoo, I don't want to be with you anymore. I have loved you, very much, but there is only so much effort I can put in when you don't put in your half. When I looked at you, I felt so much love, but now, It went away. Like you stopped trying, so I'm leaving. I want you to care, I really do, but when I'm with you, I feel like I'm nothing. I love you, and I can't deny that. All I wanted was your time, your love, your happiness, and to be with you, because I really thought you were the one. But it just shows how naive I was, but now, I'm going to grow up.
I wanted the little things, and unfortunately you couldn't even give me that.
Goodbye, Yazoo.

-(Y/n)

Hot tears rolled down her face, but she slammed her pen down and ran out. Sobbing while she ran, she felt her chest burn from the speed she was running at, and her lungs begging for more air. But now, the hardest thing was done, so the only thing she had left to do was to move on.

Kadaj, Yazoo and Loz walked back into their hideout, a beautiful sight of the sunsets melting colours behind them. Loz eagerly ran to a chair and sat down, letting a sigh of relaxation.
"What a day?" Loz said, leaving his head back and probing his legs up on another chair.
"No one told you to chase that ice cream truck." Yazoo remarked, a smirk on his lips.
"I didn't know that it wouldn't stop for five blocks." Loz defended himself.
"You do have a bike." Kadaj said, he then walked over to where Loz was sitting, kicking his legs off the chair and stealing it for himself, earning a 'Hey!' from Loz. Yazoo crossed his arms and walked into another room, a small white object caught his eye. He moved towards the sheet of paper, he grabbed it and looked at it. He saw his name, which made him read the note further.

"Hey Yazoo?" Loz called, but Yazoo still read the note, his brows furrowed. "Did you know that there was a dance? Apparently everyone is going."
"Since when did you care about dances?" Kadaj asked.
"Since Yazoo's girlfriend said I have teo left feet." Loz said, embarrassed by that statement.
"She's not wrong." Kadaj remarked, getting a glare from Loz.
Yazoo had enough, he threw the note down and ran out the door, getting the attention of his brothers.
"What the hell?" Kadaj started.

(Y/n) was laughing, Tifa and Yuffie cheered from the sidelines, while Vincent twirled (Y/n).
"Since when did you learn to dance?" (Y/n) smiled, Vincent didn't answer, all he did was lean down and kiss her cheek. (Y/n) blushed, but her two friends on the other hand went wild.
"Kiss!" Yuffie yelled, Tifa clapped and agreed. (Y/n) looked up at Vincent, who leaned back down, his hand lifted her head up higher for their lips to touch. Once they did, (Y/n)'s eyes closed, she started to kiss back.

Yazoo saw everything, the dance, the kiss and most importantly, how happy she was. He hasn't seen the smile since they had gotten together, and ever since they've been together, her smiled with every failure he had brought to her. Now it hit him, now it had all made sense. Better late then never, but know he understood what she meant. He should've been putting his efforts in, he remembered her love for flowers, and how everytime there was a mention of them she would light up and bed for one. And the party, she had always loved to dance, especially when he would loosen up and gently lift her up and spin her, her smiled would light up the whole room. He wanted to change now, but now, was too late.

Because now he saw his baby dancing, but she was dancing with another man.