Tension (Peter Quill x Reader)

This is a very old one, one of my first oneshots 😂 hope you like it

Summary:

Mantis reveals your secret attraction for Peter, your best friend, in front of everyone.

Hi, my names (Y/n) (L/n) and I'm from Terra, otherwise known as Earth. When I was a child I was abducted, along with my best friend Peter Quill, by a pack of Ravagers lead by Yondu Udonta.

While I miss Earth I much prefer living like this, in the last few months I've made new friends, defeated a Kree fanatic called Ronan who was on a war path for an Infinity Stone. I'm now apart of a team called 'Guardians of the Galaxy' I know pretty badass name huh. And just recently we went on a roller coaster ride through a jump point as we escaped a Sovereign attack. Thanks Rocket. As
well as being saved by a one inch man, according to the raccoon.

Oh yeah there's one more big detail. PETER'S DAD WAS THE ONE INCH MAN THAT SAVED US. Like I said, crazy times.

The man convinced, Peter, Gamora, Drax and I to board, leaving Rocket, Baby Groot and Nebula behind to fix the ship.

Timeskip to on the ship

I was talking with Gamora, laughing and joking around. We then walked into the lounge area where Mantis, Drax and Peter were talking.

"Leave the poor girl alone boys" I said sitting between to Drax and Mantis.

"Their purpose?" Mantis asked.

"Yes. Quill and I have a bet" Drax replied and I shook my head, knowing they were talking about her antenna.

"Your not supposed to say that" Peter laughed, shaking his head.

"I say, that is you are about to go through a doorway that is to low, your antenna will feel this and keep you from being decapitated" Drax said making Gamora and I laugh.

"Right, and if it's anything other then you specifically not being decapitated by a doorway I win" Peter said.

"They are not for feeling doorways" she stated, making Drax groan in annoyance and Peter laugh triumphantly. "I think they have something to do with my empathic abilities."

"What are those?" I asked curiously.

"If I touch someone, I can feel their feelings" mantis informed.

"You read minds?" I asked.

"No. Telepaths know thoughts, empaths feel feelings. Emotions" She informed.

"May I?" She asked, holding her hand above my leg. I nodded and she placed her hand on my leg, antenna glowing as she closed her eyes.

"You feel... love" she informed.

"Yeah I mean I feel a general love-"

"No. Romantic... sexual love... for him" she said, pointing to Peter. My eyes widened as my cheeks darkened.

"W-What? No I don't" I replied, trying to convince them.

"Yes you do, I can feel it" she replied and I gulped, standing up and speeding out of the room.

"Well that totally isn't embarrassing at all, no I love when a weird antenna chick I've never met before reveals my deepest secret. Love it" I ranted to myself when I arrived to my room, closing the door and burying my head into my knees, tears rapidly rolling down my cheeks. (I don't know if the place actually has rooms but just go with it). "Now things will never be the same again, besides he has a thing for Gamora and-"

"(Y/n)?" I heard a familiar voice ask, knocking on the door. I sighed, ignoring him and hoping he'd leave.

"Please open the door (Y/n/n) we need to talk" Peter pleaded.
(Nickname)

"Just leave me alone" I snapped, my voice breaking.

"I'm coming in" he said, opening the door to reveal my saddened state. My bloodshot eyes looked into his and I sighed.

"Look I get it, you don't feel the same. Now that the conversation is over can you leave please" I said glumly to Peter.

Though he didn't listen, sitting next to me and placing his hands on my legs, that are still tucked into my chest.

"(Y/n)" he said softly, making my heart melt. "Please look at me."

I sighed, slowly looking into his eyes.

"What?" I asked sadly.

"I love you too" he said.

"Yeah I get it Peter, you don't..." you stopped, his words processing properly. "Wait what?"

"I love you too" he said smiling.

"Really?" I asked and he nodded, placing his hand on my cheek.

"Always have, ever since we were kids" he said making me smile.

I know this was kinda a shitty one, honestly I started it ages ago and just wanted to get it over and done with 😂.

Anyways, love you guys and thanks for the support!

~ A. G