29

Mari's POV

"It's impossible. Z will forget his own birthday but not anything related to you or your relationship," Atlantis stated. She was collecting her things as we were about to go to our next class.

I didn't bother answering her. The truth is, I don't even know what to feel. Lately, Z had been so out of it. It was as if he was always in deep thought and was fumbling.

It's been a week actually. I tried to ask if there's anything wrong but he just said it was nothing. He told me he was just preparing for his finals which I know is a load of bullshit. Z is the smartest out of all of us. He can nail his exams without even studying. It was something all of us knew ever since we were a kid. Uncle Taehyung always says it was from his genes but Aunt Jen would always oppose it.

But this, Z's sudden coldness is stressing me out. Truth be told, I wasn't even half fazed about the fact that he forgot about yesterday. It wasn't as much as important as having him with me.

Yesterday was our 500th day as a couple. The whole day, I was anticipating for his greeting but all I received was a good morning and good night message. Yeah, a few have you eaten questions but that's just about it.

"Do you want us to contact Y? Or Elle might actually be a better choice. If things doesn't end well, Xander would probably have an idea what's happening,"

She walked with me along the hallway. I'm still not in the mood but I don't really want a fight with Z.

Ever since we got together, all he did was show me how much he loves me, how much he will sacrifice and do for us to stay together. The amount of stress he probably had to endure because of my Dad was more than enough. So I want to hold into him and think that this was something that will eventually pass.

"I don't want to bother them with this. Besides, I know Z will come to me eventually,"

"Why not ask him about it if you're that bothered?"

I thought about that. Honestly, the moment I woke up this morning, I was two seconds away from calling him. But something in me can't seem to do it.

"Oh, Miss Park, Miss Jeon,"

Atlantis and I stopped in our tracks when one of the college deans greeted us. We both bow and greeted her back.

"Great, it's good I actually bumped into you guys especially you Miss Jeon,"

I wanted to raise my eyebrow at her words.

Please don't ask for any favors regarding our parents. I silently wished.

Because it wasn't the first time to be honest. Sometimes, my parents were okay with it but I'm not. I fucking hate it. I hate it so much I had to use all the self-control that I have not to snap at those people.

A signature from my parents or something was okay but sometimes, the favors gets too overbearing and ridiculous.

"Yes, Miss Choi?"

"Well, I was kinda hoping you could remind Mr. Devon Kim to drop by the faculty. It's been a week and he hasn't submitted his papers. The deadline was nearing and I was sure he wouldn't let this opportunity into waste,"

My brows furrowed at what she said but before I can ask any more questions.

"You guys must be so proud of your friend especially you Miss Jeon. Aren't you two dating?"