My Soul, I Give Thee...3

Start from the beginning

"About...six and a half hours. Your father and I didn't want to wake you. But, there is some twenty-minute old burgers from McDonald's in the console if you're hungry." Her eyes traveled from my candy-filled hands to my candy-filled mouth, and she laughed. "I can see that you are--"

"Alright, you two," dad interjected, "get your chatty butts in the car so we can get a move on." He chuckled and hung up the gas pump-thingy. We all climbed in and set off, once again, for 'the Keys." I grabbed for the McDonald's bag, but hesitated as nostalgia kicked on in high gear; Wes loved McDonald's...and it was Jaylin's one weakness. I was suddenly no longer hungry.

I went, once again, at my candy bars to ease the grief rising in my gut--even though I wasn't hungry--and counted the passing palm trees. Woo, Florida. Land of Sunshine and Bi-polar weather. How astounding. Suddenly,as if it were reading my mind, the Sirius satellite radio we had set on Musicals and Broadway started playing "The Time Warp" from Rocky Horror Picture Show.

I loudly sang along, and it annoyed the hell out of my parents.

"It's astounding

Time is fleeting

Madness takes its toll

But listen closely

Not for very much longer

I've go to keep control

I remeeember doin' the Tiiiime Waaaarp

Drinking those moments when

The blackness would hit me

And the void would be calling 

LET'S DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN!

It's just a jump to the left 

And then a step to the riiiight 

With your hands on your hips 

You bring your knees in tiiiight

But it's the pelvic thruuuust

That really drives you insaaaaaaaane

LET'S DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN!!

It's so dreamy

Oh, fantasy free me

So you can't see me

No, not at all

In another dimension

With voyeuristic intention

Well secluded, I see all

With a bit of a mind flip 

You're into the time slip 

And nothing can ever be the same 

You're spaced out on sensation 

Like you're under sedaaaaation 

LET'S DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN!

Well I was walkin down the street

Just a having a think

When a snake of a guy gave me an evil wink

He shook-a me up, he took me by surprise

He had a pick up truck and the devil's eyes

He stared at me and I felt a change

Time meant nothing, never would again--"

"Dottie, Dottie," my dad interrupted my screaming and cut the radio off completely.

"Huh?" I had gotten so into the sound, I had forgotten that my entire reason for singing was to annoy my mom and dad.

"We managed to get here early, McScream, so go check out the house," my Dad replied, trying desperately to hold in his laughter. I was oblivious to the fact that the car was now parked, and that there were people standing, staring, at the 'new arrivals.' I cleared my throat with embarrassment; I was sorely mislead by the theory that no one had heard me, however, because as soon as I stepped out of the car, a guy standing about two houses down with another guy was laughing his head off, his fist to his mouth-to keep from hacking up a lung, I presumed. I rolled my eyes, my cheeks now burning, and headed off toward the front door, where the large palmetto bush shielded me from the two guys. 

Mom patted my shoulder with a small giggle as she walked by and unlocked the door to our new home. I hadn't even realized, until I stepped inside, that it was a two-story beach house with a nice big balcony directly overlooking the white sand and clear blue waters of the beach.

"Mom, where are we exactly?" I gazed around the first floor, rooted to the spot.

"Key Largo, honey. Oh, by the way, I called the school while you were sleeping and enrolled you. If you're up to it, you can start going tomorrow--" she paused, taking in my raised eyebrow, and reconsidered "or maybe the next day. Your choice, hon." With that, she walked back outside to help dad unpack. Seeing as I was too lazy--and embarrassed--to do so, I walked up the stairs and explored the rooms.

After about twenty minutes of completely scopiung out each and every room, I chose the one I wanted; it had its own little private balcony, a pair of french doors complete with long, flowy white curtains, a mini-loft where the large king-size plush bed was located, an ancient-looking wardrobe, and airy white walls (those would have to go). It was almost perfect. I climbed the small ladder to the loft and fell onto the bed, air resistance at a minimal. Wallering around, I hummed to myself and savored the moment...it didn't hurt that the bed was really soft, either.

"Dottie," I heard my dad's booming voice from downstairs. I reluctantly got up and made my way downstairs to see what he wanted.

"Sir?" I would be all but bitch-slapped if I replied like a normal teenager would with a simple, 'yeah?' Manners were a must, mom always said.

"Did you pick a room already?" He raised an eyebrow, amused. I guess he thought that I had fallen in love with the place or something.

'Yes sir," I replied apathetically, not showing any interest.

"Good," he rebuttled, handing me my bags. I took them and headed back up to my new room.  I would be crazy if I thought I was going to unpack any time soon.

...........

That night, and a large chunk of the next morning, I did nothing but webchat with Jaylin and Wes. After about one, however, Jaylin left, leaving Wes and I alone. But, nevertheless, she returned hours later, wanting to talk about her new boyfriend. I listened, amused, to Wes scolding Jaylin about dating guys she had just met, and Jaylin scolding Wesley for scolding her and acting like her 'dad.' While that might have been true, Wes was only doing so because he cared about her. Before we left each other, Wes gave me the same warning.

"You better not just go throw yourself to any guy, either, Dot. Not that I want you dating at all, but..who am I to say that? Hehe. Well, you know what I mean."

"Hnhn. Yes, Wes, I love you too." I joked, chuckling. "Get some sleep. I've kept you up all nightand day. I'll talk to you later."

"Night." He smiled, but it didn't show in his eyes.

"Bye," I choked out, and turned off my webcam. I all but threw my computer on the floor, and jerked the thick covers over my entire body--head included. If I was lucky, I wouldn't cry, and I would get some sleep before dinner. And after that, my schedule was full of sleep, sleep, and more sleep--I had to have it if I was going to start school tomorrow.

****************************

I promise:  the action starts up in the next chapter.

Here's a pic of Dottie ========= >