Part 12: Sorry

Ghost woke up, feeling dizzy. "What...? Where..." he said, hoarsely. He heard a chainsaw running, then sat up slowly.

A flash of blood and death ran through his mind as he saw the dead monster. "Oh, nonono..." he muttered, standing. He looked around and was slightly relieved to not see Toast.

He looked around, then saw the door they had come through.

He went through to find the normal apartments. He turned around to see that the door had disappeared.

Weird... he thought. He took out his communicator and pressed a few buttons.

"Toast?" he called. "Johnny, are you there?" The line remained static filled.

Ghost sighed. Why did he do this...

The communicator beeped.

"Sir?" Toast said. "Toast!" Ghost cried happily. "Where are you?"

Toast remained silent for a moment.

"We're on the second floor in one of the rooms. I'll leave something for you to know which one it is."

"Okay, I'll be there!" he said.

"But... Please knock." Toast said quietly.

"I will, I will."

Ghost shoved the communicator into his pocket, then made his way up.

As he walked down the hall, he stopped at a door with a spatula taped to it.

"Wow, still traumatized by that, huh?" Ghost chuckled.

He knocked on the door, which opened a crack. Suddenly, he was trapped in a hug from Toast. "Sir, you're okay..." he said, quietly. "Of course I am!" he said as Toast let go.

Toast shushed him and gestured for him to come inside. As he walked through, sadness washed over him.

Simon lay on one of the beds, asleep. He had slightly bloody bandages wrapped around his shoulder and thigh. His head rested on a bloody towel.

Must be because you tried to kill him! Ghost thought, mad.

Oh come on! Jimmy croaked. You can't blame me for wanting to taste new blood! Besides, he's not dead... Is he?

"Is he okay?" Ghost asked, sitting down beside the bed.

Toast sighed. "Fortunately. You hit his head pretty hard though, so he might have a concussion. But otherwise, I think he'll be alright. He's been asleep for a few hours, and I don't know when he'll wake up."

"I... I don't know what came over me..." Ghost said, staring at his feet. "I'm sorry..."

"I forgive you," Toast said, sympathetically. "But I don't know if Simon will."

Ghost nodded, feeling bad for the poor guy.

Don't be sorry! I hate it when you're so pathetically sorry! Jimmy cried. "Then maybe you shouldn't have hurt him!" Ghost yelled out loud.

He looked up to see Toast staring at him, worried. Ghost felt tears run to his eyes. "J-Johnny..." he mumbled.

"I'm not okay..."

--      --      --

Ah yes, back to the shorter parts-

My apologies,  I had a lot to write before I could get to the part I wanted. ^^'