Chapter 6 - Miranda

Miranda

I feel so bad. Cameron ran away and I just know it is all my fault. Jason isn't doing too well, either. I try to talk to him, try to comfort him, but he always pushes me away and walks off.

I asked Connie to talk to him for me and she still hasn't come back. I miss my best friend and I just want life to go back to how it was before.

Someone taps my shoulder and I spin around, hoping Jason has come to forgive me for being so selfish, but it is only Eric.

"Hello Eric," I fake smile, trying not to show my disappointment.

"Hello," he smiles. We sit down and he looks at me. "Jason wants to go through the Forbidden Forest and look for Cameron. I convinced him to let me go with him."

"Is he still mad at me?" I ask, hope filling every word.

"I don't know." He replies dully, like he doesn't want to get on this subject.

I look at him. "Are you alright?" I ask.

"I'm fine, but why do you like Jason?" He's in love with Cameron. And I'm in love with you. Why can't you see that?" He answers.

His eyes are full of passion and I hadn't seen it before, but he is looking at me with caring eyes. And now I feel even worse.

"You like me?" I ask. I am surprised. I hadn't noticed.

"Yes." He replies simply. "I always have and I always will."

I can't think. Thoughts are swirling around in my head and I don't know what. I don't know what to do. I can barely breathe and I need to leave.

"I must leave." I reply quickly. I grab my bag and run home, tears in my eyes whipping down my cheeks and into my shirt. They feel cold against my skin and I feel worse than ever.