-4-

Not edited. An extra chapter cause I was feeling *choke" nice... but now you wait ;D

She stood in the aisle with all the baby lotions, creams and apparently 'must have' items. There were so many to choose from!

"It's confusing isn't it?"

Red turned to the voice "I never knew there was so many!"

The woman giggled "I thought the same thing. Need some help?"

Red looked and felt relieved "Oh please, I have no idea where to start."

"I'm Daisy." She held out her hand.

"I'm Red" she accepted the hand gladly.

"Red?" came a deep voice from behind Daisy.

"Oh this is my brother Jack and the little guy he's holding is my son Craig."

"Nice to meet you... Red?"

"You too... and yes, just Red" she smiled.

"Interesting" his eyebrows waggled "that might need some more investigation".

"Jack stop flirting with the poor girl, she probably has a husband at home wait..."

"Nope no husband, boyfriend or significant other... oh but I didn't mean, that is... UGH!"

Jack laughed while Daisy scolded and tried not to smile.

"So,"Daisy started "what have you got already?"

Red look down to the floor "Nothing much."

"Where's the baby's father?"

Red took a deep breath "He doesn't believe she's his."

"You're having a girl?" Daisy asked excitedly. The look on Red's face showed there was a lot more to this story but diplomatically left it alone.

"Yep. Still have to decide what to call her though. Who'd have thought that was so hard!"

She took a step back in surprise as Jack dropped to his knees in front of her. He pointed to her stomach as if showing Craig.

"Now Craig, see there.... that little girl needs protecting. It's our job to make sure she's looked after."

Red didn't know whether to be horrified or amused. Daisy started to laugh telling her brother to get up off the floor.

"Please, ignore Jack. We tried to have him medicated but the doctors saw him coming and ran the other way."

"Daisy! That's not nice!" Jack pouted as he got up from the ground.

"Jack, you're an idiot." Daisy stood withe her hands on her hips pretending to be mean.

Red stood back laughing at them both and realises that it had been such a long time since she'd felt this way  that she started to cry. Daisy's arms were instantly around her and for the first time since the day she left and Anna hugged her close she felt comforted.

"Oh honey. You need to come home with us. Jack... you know what she needs so you buy it and meet us at home." Daisy moved away from a protesting Red to take her son from her brother.

"Give up Red. Once Daisy has an idea in her head, there's nothing stopping her."

She looked between the pair not knowing what to do. This wasn't expected at all.

Jack came to stand behind her and placed his hands on her shoulders and with a small push he said "Just go."

So she went. She followed like a little puppy all the time wondering when life would take these people away from her too.