Chapter Six

The freedom, of falling, A feeling I thought was set in stone
It slips through, my fingers, I'm trying hard to let go. It comes and goes in waves
It comes and goes in waves
And carries us away
Dean Lewis
(Waves)
                                 __Riverdale

Chapter Six

COLBY

Shock

A kind of feeling you get when something out of the blue or sometimes out of the ordinary happens. A feeling that makes your heart beat faster, A feeling that temporarily leaves you dumb, trying to comprehend what in hell was happening.

A lot of people feel this on different occasions, in different scenarios. It might be a happy moment, when you come home from work or school and you hear the voices you're most familiar with, give a yell of "happy birthday!". Or when you go out on a seemingly normal date with your boyfriend, and he whips out a ring. Or in another scenario, when someone you love just leaves you without a second thought.

In my case, I was neither happy, nor sad. I just didn't know what I was feeling.

The text message had my eyes going through it like it was the first time I'd ever gotten a text from anyone. It felt like I could hear her voice repeatedly reading out the words next to me, and it made my heart beat increase.

Daniella Varis:

So, I was wondering if you could come over to my house so we could make some arrangements about the way we're going to do this?

60, Palmwall Street.... My address.

My fingers were a little bit shaky as they hovered on the screen of my phone, thinking of a response to give her.

I've never been invited out before, and honestly, I thought it was going to be like a school thing where we meet up at the library to just talk it out and all... I didn't think she'd invite me over, I mean... why would she-

"Relax Colby." I whispered to myself, breathing in and breathing out.

At least she didn't ask to come here, now that would have been a disaster.

I blinked, my thumbs moving to type in a reply.

Me:
I'll be on my way.

I dropped my phone immediately, shutting my laptop and bolting up from my reading chair to change into my grey oversized hoodie, after that, I picked up my phone, sliding it into the pocket of my black joggers while opening my door, and bolting down the stairs.

"Mom, can I borrow your car keys?" I yelled, making my way to her designing room. My mom was a fashion designer, and there was a study like room in the house where she worked on her designs before taking them to her boutique.

I stood right in front of her design room, the door was left wide open. She was crouched down, working on a gown, her head bobbing to whatever music she was listening to on her head phones. "Mom?" I called again, this time with a knock.

She looked up at me with furrowed brows, taking her head phones off. "Colby? What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I was asking if I could borrow your car keys."

She went mute, staring at me.

Yes, it was only logical for her to go mute. I've never requested for her car keys before, and I quit driving a long time ago, when I drove right into a tree and destroyed the car I got as a gift on my 15th birthday.