8

It was close to the end of the day. The sun had already set. Will had left an hour earlier to take Gideon home and call it a night. Mr and Mrs. Pines were in the room now, taking their place. Mr. Pines had brought back two suitcases, full of clothes and other necessities- one for Dipper, and one for Bill, "because you're part of the family, too," as Mrs. Pines explained. Everyone had finished the dinner which was brought from the cafeteria for all of them- except for Dipper, who only pushed it around his tray and took a few bites. Mabel and her mother were talking to one another about the whole deal.

"Do you really think it's going to work, Mom?" She asked. "Can't we just get Dipper a therapist?"

"There's no harm in trying, Mabel. Besides, it wasn't our decision to do this."

"Mom-"

"Can you not talk about this right in front of me?" Dipper huffed.

Mrs. Pines cleared her throat. "Right. I'm sorry, Dipper."

Mr. Pines sat forward in his seat. "How do you feel about it, Dipper?"

Dipper shrugged. "I don't know. It's worth a shot. I'm sick of feeling like this all the time. I just want it to be over."

"We're all going to miss you guys." Jill smiled Dipper and Bill. "A month and a half is a pretty long time away from each other. But it'll all be worth it in the end, I just know it."

A nurse walked into the room and smiled at everyone. "Good evening." She took Dipper's dinner tray. "There's about seven minutes until visiting hours are over. I suggest you say goodbye now." She looked at Dipper. "I'll be back soon to move you upstairs." She left the room, carrying the tray.

Mabel got out of her seat, approaching her twin and hugging him tightly. "I'll miss you, DipDot."

Dipper hugged her back. "I'll miss you, too, Mabel."

Jill joined her side, and when they pulled apart, she took Mabel's place. "We'll let you know about everything that happens at school. We'll also make sure you get all of your class work."

"Thanks, Jill."

Mabel's eyes quickly filled with tears, and she took Jill's hand before running out of the room, not wanting to make her brother upset.

Dipper's mother hugged him, then his father. "Be safe, Dipper. We believe you can do it."

Dipper forced a smile at his mother. "I know. And I will."

She leaned down and kissed the top of his head. "Love you, Dipper."

"Love you, too." They both left the room. Dipper turned helplessly at Bill, letting go of the tears he was holding back.

Bill pulled him close. "I know. It'll be okay, PineTree. I'm right here with you."

Dipper sniffed. "I know. Thank you."

Bill kissed his hair. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

The nurse walked back in, and the two pulled away. She smiled at them. "Am I interrupting?"

Bill shook his head. "Not at all."

"Alright. Well, Dipper, you can take this time to change your clothes, and then I'll escort you two upstairs to your new room. You may have to have Bill help you, since your leg is still healing."

Bill helped Dipper out of the bed, and the nurse left the room. Dipper looked up at Bill as he led Dipper into the bathroom. He grabbed Dipper a change of clothes and joined him in the small, pristine white room, shutting the door behind him.