Chapter 2 : Empirical

Chapter 2: Empirical 

The next morning, I woke up still in the hospital , dragged my IV stand with me to the washroom and washed my face , brushed my teeth and brushed my hair ( heck I didn't know how to shower with the IV needle jabbed in my veins). I then went back to the bed and decided I would watch a little TV , Wizards of Waverly Place was on ! 

After hours of flicking through the channels , a nurse came in to take out my IV needle. As she walked in, I swore I saw a dark mist of clouds drifting towards her, but when I blinked it was gone. She took out the needle and I admit, it felt a bit painful . Then she bandaged my hand and said " have a good day miss" in a monotone voice and a forced smile. " thanks " I replied , then she left , and again  I saw the dark mist trailing her.

Since I'm IV free now , I decided to take a shower and change into a nice clean T-shirt and jeans , then put on my sneakers. I looked for my mini back pack and found my phone.  I called my mum and she checked me out of the hospital and sent me home before leaving for work . She said she won't be back by tomorrow.

All alone at home, I killed time by browsing the net and playing my PSP. Soon enough it was 6:30 p.m . I put on a hoodie and locked the house before riding my bike to the skate park. When I arrived, I saw a luminescent figure standing under the one of the street lamps. It turned to me and jogged towards me, it was Damon.

"Glad you could make it." he said joyfully and led me to a group of other people near the half-pipe. It wasn't so bright but I could make out a girl with a fiery red hair and a girl and boy with platinum blonde hair who looked more or less the same.

"Emily , meet the Shadow Seekers" he announced, "Shadow Seekers, meet Emily, the new addition." Everyone cheered except red head over there who sighed and said " I'm Jean." " And we're Maddison and Mason" the twins said at the same time. I smiled and said "Hi ".

"So um.. how do I do .. stuff?" I asked Damon. "Just watch and learn ." I sighed. "Today's mission?" she asked annoyed. Just then Damon looked behind and as I turned around I saw large red eyes and heard loud thumping noises. " Everyone, scythe's out . Emily, stay back . Lesson 1 : slaying dark creatures."

Just then , glowing light started to appear from everyone's tattoo and scythe's in different colours and designs appeared. Damon held a raven black scythe with a platinum chine , Jean held a red scythe with and enflamed chine , and the twins held a black and white marble scythe with a white coloured chine. Suddenly , their scythes glowed a shade of purple and changed into different weapons. Damon held a sword, Jean held a bow and enflamed arrow , Maddison held a staff with a yin and yang orb on top and Mason was carrying a chainsaw.

Suddenly an ear-piercing shriek sliced into the air and I clutched my ears shut. Then I saw it. The dark creature . " THIS IS IT GUYS ! A SPIDERWICK VIPER. GET READY !" Damon shouted. "GET READY! NOW !" and everybody ran into every direction in the speed of light.