Madison laughs, putting down the red roses she was holding beside my bed. I smile.

“They're so beautiful. Thank you”.

She smiles.

“You're welcome. So, how are you doing?” she asks.

I sigh.

“I just had a conversation with Doctor Elise—”.

“That lady is creepy. She gives me the chillls.

Madison looks over at Keana.

“She's the best there is Kee. Trust me”.

I look at Madison and Keana.

“Guys I'm not healing... do you think I'm going to die?”.

“Hey, hey, hey, there! Now slow down!”  Keana yells. “Dead isn't something we joke about, trust me on this one!”.

“You are not going to die sweetheart, okay? You're just weak I'm sure that's why it's taking so long for you to heal” Madison says.

I look at her. She tries to cup my face in her hands but it goes right through me. I wince a little at the energy that surges through me.

“You can't touch her?” Keana whispers.

Madison shakes her head.

When I said I could touch stuff, I didn't say everything” she says looking at me with a sad smile.

I smile back. A moment like this would call for tears but no; I still couldn't cry.

“Try to get some sleep okay? We're here with you Alexis” Keana whispers.

I nod and lean back, closing my eyes. And admits all the struggles to fall asleep, I finally drift off 5 minutes to when my parents would be arriving.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°¶°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I reach home... not the pack house... and practically everybody's there. I roll my eyes.

Can't these people learn to give others some privacy?!

“Welcome home honey”.

I give them a straight face.

“I'm so sorry the dinner got ruined. Rain check?”.

Straight face.

“Summer, I don't think dinner or any family gathering is what Alexis needs right now, okay?” mom says.

“Yet I'm standing in one” I murmur, roll my eyes and look away.

“But she could use a hug right? C'mere sweetheart” aunt Charisma says, moving towards me.

I step back.

“10 feet” I say.

She pauses.

“Alexis, just give your aunt a hug, c'mon” dad said.

I look at him.

“I said, 10 feet”.

Esmeralda chuckles.

“You're joking right?” aunt Isabel asks.

“10 feet is like murder to me” uncle Alec adds.

“Well, I'm sorry uncle Alec, but you never know when I could get hurt”.