Chapter 16 - Chuunin Ends

A/N: Just a quick note to say that I, in fact, will not be including the rest of the Chuunin exams. Truth is, I'm not sure what direction this story is headed in. Anyhow, I can't remember the full exams so I'm just going to skip until after when everything is sorted with the Hokage. Tsunade will now take the place as Fifth Hokage. Also, due to me writing other stories and just being a general writer, I've been changing my writing style a little so if things seem different that's why.

Chapter 16 - Chuunin End

Akki's POV

So, it was finally that time of which the Chuunin Exams ended.

Gaara and I were pretty happy, our cottage home had finally been rebuilt.

I wasn't sure I wanted to move back in, though. Ever since Gaara's nightmare, he'd been sleeping in my bed and I was going to feel so alone without him.

"Gaara," I whispered. This was it.

"Yes, Akki?"

"Will you sleep with me, still?"

Gaara looked at me and smiled, saying, "Maybe it's best for us both."

I nodded. He was right. We jogged around the hotel room, collecting anything we needed to take. After that, we set out for the cottage. Once we got there, it was quiet.

"Akki, I-" Gaara stopped himself and took a breath. "Akki, I'm really sorry but I read through your diary."

My eyes widened as I felt myself panic. Gaara knew I liked him...

"I'm so so-"

"Why are you apologising? I read it... Um... I was just wondering who the boy is," Gaara whispered shyly.

Again, I was surprised. Wasn't it obvious that it was Gaara? I had let him kiss me and he was the only guy I spent continuous time with.

"I-... You want the truth?"

"Of course," Gaara laughed. He looked inwardly disappointed.

"Y-you..."

Gaara's eyes widened and he tried to hide the grin that was going to form on his features.

"M-... Me?"

I nodded shyly, turning to the side. "I'm sorry. It must be inconvenient."

"What?" Gaara chuckled. "I like you too, Akki."

"It's not just like, Gaara!" I shouted, angry at his ignorance. "I love you! I want to be more than stupid friends! I can't take this anymore!"

Gaara stared at me in shock. "That kiss did mean something to you, too..."

"Yeah, it did," I sighed softly. How was I being so open?

I heard Gaara take a deep breath and focus on not stumbling on his words.

"I love you too, Akki."

I smiled and threw myself into Gaara's arms. It was about time.

"I guess, since we've established this..." Gaara smirked. "I have the honour of asking you if you'd like to be my girlfriend."

"Of course," I said, and kissed his cheek.

"This was fast, but... I wouldn't want it any other way. I've been desperate... to be with you... since we met."

"I can tell you're finding this just as difficult as I am," I said. "But it's okay, because we can get through this together."

A few more days passed, and Temari and Kankuro hadn't yet figured out that we were actually together.

We were in their hotel room, preparing for them to go back to Suna - Gaara and I had been told that we should stay for a few more days - when Kankuro started on about us dating.

"So, Gaara..." He said. "When you gonna ask her out? You're like 14, you can't just screw-"

"Kankuro!" Temari snapped. "You take your time, you two."

Kankuro received a slap on the head from Temari, and Gaara chuckled. He was going to tell them.

"Actually..." He started. He had their immediate attention. "I asked Akki to be my girlfriend a few days ago."

"What?! Oh, guys, that's great!" Temari shouted, hugging us.

Kankuro stood back in shock. "I didn't expect you to actually do it... If anything, I thought Akki would ask you out!"

He laughed to himself and the cat-eared perv said, "Congrats."

A/N: I know it's a little boring but I didn't know how else to show the progression of their relationship! At least I've updated. I've been through severe writer's block for the past six months or so and I've finally gotten out by writing a new story which will be up soon!