How are you?

(EDIT: I HAVE STARTED REWRITING THIS STORY SO PLS IF U WANNA BOTHER READING THIS CHECK OUT THE NEW ONE INSTEAD TRUST ME LOL)

Summer break was both a giant relief and a disappointment to the sarcastic college student. It meant he can sleep in and have late night reading sessions without the tiresome trouble of getting up early for school. Obviously, he wasn't the most enthusiastic person about going out and being productive. But, it also meant annoying family members visiting and the slow seeping of boredom as the weeks passed by.
Luckily, he had a job to keep him distracted- a barista at the local coffee shop. How basic. He didn't particularly want this job, but he was quiet desperate for money at this point. He cursed college and the huge load of cash that he's been blowing off on classes and supplies. He would much rather spend it on new books to read, thank you every much.

So now he was behind a counter, waiting for the next noisy customer to walk in. Today was slow, and as much as he enjoyed not having loads of customers pressuring him to hurry with their orders, he was becoming increasingly bored. His coworker currently sat at an empty table far from the tables occupied by some customers. He was on his phone, a smile plastered on his face.
Noah made a "tsk" sound with his tongue and took out his own phone. Might as well check his own messages.

As figured, he got texts from the usual mutuals. His first instinct was to check on Owen's message, since they have been close friends ever since the whole total drama show. Sometimes customers pointed out Noah's role in the show, throwing curious and somewhat dumb questions at him. He wasn't very fond of this.

Owen: [image]
12:05 pm

If you're wondering what he sent, it was an image of Izzy jumping off a cliff into what looked like a giant lake. Noah raised an eyebrow, not amused. Izzy and Owen have stuck together, much to Noah's disapproval. But as long as his friend was happy with her, Noah decided to keep his mouth shut.

Noah:
"Wow.
Note the lack of surprise."
2:45pm

He pressed sent and went into his next message.
And this is how it went. He scrolled past some messages that he frankly didn't feel like replying to (ahem, texts from old campers he wasn't quiet excited about) and replied to those that he was actually close to. Trent barely responds, probably too busy with his new chick. After all, he is a lady's man. Then there was Tyler, rambling on about Lindsay still. Noah was shocked that Tyler even saw anything in her to say the least; the airhead barely remembered his name! She was more boobs than brains. Then again, Noah couldn't say much- he wasn't exactly interested in boobs. Then when he clicked on the last message he actually bothered reading, his small frown tugged into a minuscule smile.

Cody:
Hi, Noah! Sorry I didn't respond any sooner, was having some issues with my parents haha. Anyways, I hope your summer vacation will do you some good. :) !!
2:20 pm

Noah quickly caught his facial expression and forced it down to a neutral one. He didn't want to look suspicious to his nosy coworker. Not that there was much to be nosy about, the smile only formed because he was somewhat glad the geek responded after weeks of staying silent- why hasn't he been online for weeks? Noah didn't know.
Noah knew about Cody's neglectful guardians- Cody has hinted at it a few times here and there but never went too deep into it. Although Noah was curious-and slightly concerned- about Cody's situation, he never decided to push that topic. It didn't seem like he had the right to get into Cody's personal life just yet.

Noah:
Hey codester, my vacation has been going real fun.
Not.
Anyways, how've you been?
3:15 pm

He sighed in boredom, scrolling through the most recent posts on his home page on Instagram. As much as he hates social media, he did get some joy watching drama go down.
Just as he was about to put down his phone because of the not-so-polite looking customer walking towards him, his phone vibrated indicating a text.

He lets himself glance at his screen before the customer confronts him.

Cody:
Actually, funny you ask. Haha. Things haven't been the best. Uh, can I move in with you for a few days...? :(
3:30 pm