chapter 5 part 2

"I-it looks like Becca and Alula." Calmus frowned a little. "It must have swallowed them and took over their bodies." He looked over at Niko. "Niko I think I know what to do but it might be risky."

“I can handle it.”

"We have to go in the shadows. The girls need light. I'm Alulas big brother. I'm sure I can make her see the day again." He looked at him. "Your Beccas love. Your her light. You can save her."

*as long as I remember you as my light. I'll always be brave* her voice echoed in Nikos head.

"What you say?"

"Let's do it"! Niko said ready to go.

Calmus let out a yell as he raced forward. The shadows turned to them and opened their mouths. "I'm coming Alula!" He yelled and leaped into its mouth disappearing.

Niko takes a deep breath before racing forward into the shadowy mist.

Soon he appeared at the top of the tower as a 12 year old. Just like when he first came to return the light bulb. But it was all darkness.

"Becca!"

A sniffle was heard. "I'm so sorry..." it was close by!

Niko tried going one way but a invisible wall blocked his path. "Becca!" He yelled.

There was a flash and he saw the room where he was to put the light bulb. But it was dark. In the middle of the room was a 12 year old Becca on her knees beside what looked like his body. The lightbulb shattered beside him.

Niko jumped at the lightbulb.

But the invisible wall stopped him.

"Becca don't give up!" He yelled.

She looked up and it was like all life drained out of her eyes.

*Please Becca* Niko thought. She couldn't give up!

She froze and looked up again. How? He was dead? How could she heard his thoughts. She looked around. Her eyes watered. "I-im hearing things...he-hes dead!"

*I'm not dead Becca. I'm here with you* Niko thought.

"You are dead..." she looked down. But her eyes went wide in shock as his body turned to mist.

Niko tightens his hands into fists. *I am not dead!*

She turned and looked up as there was a flash of light. She quickly covered her eyes slightly till it deemed. She stood up. The light bulb was okay! It was still perfectly  fine. "W-what?" She turned.

*Becca*

Her eyes watered. "Y-you are alive!" She raced over and leaped into his arms. "Niko!!"

Niko smiled as he wrapped his arms around Becca. "Course it's me silly."

Tears flow out of her eyes as she cried into his chest.

Niko closed his eyes and holds her close to his chest.

She looked up at him. Her eyes sparkled with tears. She than pulled him toward her and kissed him closing her eyes.

Niko happily kisses her back.

Just than there was a flash and the shadow disappeared then they appeared out of her nightmare. She was in his arms.

Niko pulls back to see that the mist disappeared.