Chapter 2

Today was the first day of school. I got dressed and walked out my front door only to see Courtney. "Hey Skyler!" She yelled even though we weren't that far away. "Hey!" I said back looking at my shoes. "Are you nervous?" She asked when I got next to her. "Just a little." I answered. We stopped at the bus stop waiting in silence. Soon the bus pulled up and we got on. Courtney and I were silent the whole way.

As we pulled up to the school Courtney started talking again. "If you go to the office they will help you with some stuff." "Okay." I got out of the bus, almost getting pushed over twice. I walked into the building and eventually found the office. "Hey my name is Skyler Evans." I said to a lady. "Your the new girl right?" She asked grabbing a slip of paper. "Yeah," I answered as she gave me it. "Here's your schedule. it's okay if your late for a class today." She said and looked back at her computer. "Thanks" I said as I left. My first period is History in room 2B. I walked around a little bit but soon found it. I took a deep breath and pushed the door open.

I walked to the only open seat in the whole room. It was next to a boy who was talking to his friends in the opposite direction of me. "Take your seats!" The teacher demanded. The boy turned around in his chair and slouched down, bored already. The teacher started role call. I soon figured out that the boys name was Matthew Espinosa. "We have a new student!" She pointed at me. "Can you tell us your name?" "My name is Skyler Evans." I said shyly. "Welcome Skyler." She said with a smile and continued role call. "Matthew stop talking!" She yelled as he turned so he was facing forwards. "Thank you." She sighed.

As I went on with the day I noticed how I had most of my classes with Matt. He never even looked at me or spoke to me once. At my last class I saw Courtney and was relieved. Finally someone I knew. She was mainly talking to a boy the whole time though, I think his name is Nash. He seemed really nice.

After school was over I walked home with Courtney. "Any guys that caught your eye?" She asked suddenly. "No, but I know Nash caught your eye." I said winking. "Yeah he's cute." She blushed. I thought about Matt. "Can you tell me about Matt?" I asked. "Do you like him?" Courtney asked winking. "No I'm just wondering," I said darting my eyes at the ground. "Well Matt is a bad boy, he dates girls for a week and then finds new ones." Courtney answered. "Oh, well he's in most of my classes." I told her. "He never looked at me once." "Well that sounds like Matt," Courtney said.
We were at our houses. "Bye!" I yelled at Courtney as I walked into my drive way. "See ya!" She yelled back as she started walking up her drive way.