21. Back Aboard

Charles and I dried each other, then I guided him as he bound my bosom before I donned my breeches and shirt. We bundled my possessions in the piece of burlap, and he took it and my hand and guided me out into the hallway. When we reached the top of the stairs, he stopped, set the bundle on the floor and wrapped me in his arms. "One more kiss before we are publick, Camille."

Our lips and tongues explored in a long and passionate manner, and when I felt my nethers warm, I pulled my mouth away and said, "We must stop, else I will wet."

"Wet?"

"My cunny. When my desire rises, it wets with slipperiness to better receive you, and I do not want to soil my clean breeches."

He chuckled as he adjusted his front. "And I must keep this from showing. It rises with that same desire."

I looked down at the huge bulge and sighed as he turned it from along his thigh to lie across his hip. "You must explain its workings to me when we are aboard; we have so much to learn about each other." As we descended the stairs, I added, "And that learning goes far beyond the physical. I want to know of your experiences since first you went to sea."

"And I, about your experiences being nurtured in ease and comfort. I need to know of this, that we may together raise a family in such manner."

I winced. "But not with the attitudes of Mother and Chris."

"You are far finer than what I have learnt about your mother, but Chris?"

"My older brother. He grew increasingly unpleasant as he came of age. Let us not now spoil my happiness; I shall tell you about him later."

The innkeeper greeted Charles when we reached the stair bottom and crossed toward the door. "I'm pleased ye have sorted the lad, Sir." Then he turned to me and wagged a finger. "Yer a lucky 'un to have a captain such as him. Barbados is no safe place to run away. Asides, tis ever better to talk yer problems than running from 'em."

I nodded, feeling my face warm as I looked him in the eyes and said a quiet, "Thank you."

Charles guided me out the door, and as we walked past the open windows of the common room, a cheer arose from those inside. He paused and turned to acknowledge. "See Boy, they all want you aboard."

The cheering and hubbub grew, and it continued while we crossed the road, and I asked, "Why had the previous boy been taunted? The crew all seem so kindly."

"Kindly to you because of your manner. But he was braggardly, and he strutted his importance that he was allowed in my cabin. The crew do not take kindly to that type, and they counselled him, hoping he would change. He did not, so they jeered and taunted him until he begged to be set ashore."

I nodded and pondered this as we boarded Zeelandia and headed aft. The great cabin was lit by only one sconce when we entered, so I took a taper from the holder and lit it from the flame. The entry area was soon bright and then the night cabin, where we stood in silence for a long while until I asked, "Will Steward come again this evening?"

"I expect not. He is relieved of his day's duties after cleaning from our supper here and seeing it done below in the gunrooms. He will not come until breakfast unless I call him."

"Then, may I release my binding?"

He examined my front and smiled. "Yes, I would be titillated if you did."

I chuckled as I lifted my shirt hem, untucked the binding end and pulled it down, the three turns falling away and down my sides and back. Then sighing at being freed, I pulled out and folded the long strip of cloth.