To my readers

......A last request.....

"Is it true a man dare not deny a friends dying wish?"

******

"I, dared not. I could not as my good friend lay in my arms a breath away from death, he whispered.

"Please find her and take care of her, Promise me."

I had to appease his dying plea and I accepted to care for his daughter.

My name is Sir Gavin Auburd, and I am Lord of Ravinhurst. I am a legend on the battlefield. A feared knight and warrior. Men tremble in fear at the tip of my blade and woman beneath my touch.

All but one person did not fear me. A raven-haired beauty I swore to care for.

Her name is Brienna Du'Montclief. The daughter of my good friend Lord Hugh Du'Montclief. She is the sole heir to the thriving Forsythe keep and its vast outlying lands. A fortress in its own right.

Upon such a promise, I was entrusted with an unruly and mischievous young girl. She challenged my authority, defied my rules and was hell bent on avenging her father's death.

It was a battle I wasn't prepared for.

Who would have thought that the young brat that wared with my every decision, could turn into a sword wielding, defiant beauty with a quick mind and a determined spirit.

I find myself embroiled in a match of wills as I attempt to tame this impetuous avenging angel with her temper that knows no bounds.

Now, I am battling with my own growing desire for my beautiful charge.

Now, I find my self at the tip of her sword with my heart in hand at her mercy.

Because, this Rebellious Angel

will be the death of me.

*****