Diana Prince- Company (a)

"I've seen you come home plenty of times... what's with all the mystery this time?" You held your eyes tightly closed, knowing better than to not follow the orders given by Diana. "I wish you'd tell me; I have enough stress with the whole not being able to leave the house until god knows when thing." You heard Diana's feet shuffle along the floor slowly as she crept towards you.

"I'll let you open your eyes, but you aren't allowed to be mad at me." The nervous anticipation inside of you only grew stronger as the seconds past.

"I won't be mad at you, I promise." She hastily told you to keep your eyes shut tightly but to hold out your hands in a gentle cup. "If this is something disgusting, I'm revoking my offer of buying you takeout later."

"Stop worrying so much. I'm going to put something into your hands, please, please, be gentle with it." After just a short break you felt Diana kneel and rest something warm softly into the palm of your hands. "Remember, gentle please. Oh... and don't be scared if it starts to move."

At the thought of the mystery thing moving your eyes shot open, only to have two gleaming sets staring back.

"What is that?" Diana's eyes became fixated on the black kitten with the kite of white that crested it's mouth as it flopped carelessly onto its side. "And what is it doing in our apartment?"

"That y/n is a kitten, to be hones I thought you would be slightly more familiar with the species, but I am willing to teach you how to care for it."

"No, I know what it is. I'm more interested in an answer for the why is it here question." With a soft scoop Diana took the shaking ball of fur back into her hands and held it against her chest, smiling profusely when a small, feeble meow escaped from its mouth.

"I thought since I would be out and about during the day, but you were going to be here all alone and not able to go to work, I would bring a friend home for you."

"This kitten is far too young to have been adopted or brought, what's the real reason you brought it home?" She lowered it carefully to the carpeted floor and watched as it stumbled with a pointed tail and stiff knees.

"Nobody is going to be working at the deli, that's where the momma cat always went for food. They found these little guys a few days ago. I can't let them starve; it'll just be until all this over. After that we'll either take Bruce to a shelter or find somebody that wants him."

"Bruce?"

"We can't just call him... him, can we? It's rude. You wouldn't like it if I just called you it."

"Bruce is staying isn't he." Diana nodded and hoped you wouldn't see her hand creeping towards him.

~*~

Written by Aaron.