The eclipse before Christmas

• Dedicated to My english teacher (This is a story I wrote for an english project)

The eclipse before Christmas

*Queenstreet school*

*Monday December 20th 2010*

*11:43am*

I walked through the dark corridor, careful not to step on the holes in the floor. Backpack slung on my sholder, I shivered on the inside. Fear took control as I slowly turned the knob of a forbidding door. I closed my eyes, breathed in deeply, and took a step forward.

"I see you have come Joli." The deep voice filled the air with chills and fierceness. I was paralyzed with fear, but I mannaged to murmur a "Ye- yes"

It was then a loud slap on my wooden desk that woke me from my dream.

"Miss Petson? Would you please answer the question?" The large adult stood before me with her short brown hair-which was graying at the roots-and her piercing green eyes, with a scowl so scary I could have peed my pants.

I racked my brain for an excuse. I could tell the truth and say that her class was boring me, giving me no other choice but to get lost in my fantacies. No, thats 100% detention proof... I know, "I'm a bit confused, I don't know if I can..." I studdered a bit at the end, but I saw her face lighten the slightest bit.

"Maybe if you payed attention you wouldn't have that problem." She straightened her shirt and crossed her arms.

"But I am paying attention" and I was, just not to her. The only thing I knew about what was happening was that we were in the middle of math.

"Oh really? Then what am I teaching?" Her eyes narrowed

I glanced at my partner's notebook, at the blackboard and the faces around. I looked the teacher in the eyes and said in a voice that I hoped sounded like I knew what I was talking about. "Well, the way I see it, it's a mix of algebra and geometry. What I don't understand is how you got that." I got up and pointed at the mess of chalk, I saw it was in my partner's notes,I think it was what he just finnished writting. The teacher smiled and started explaining, this time I listened.

The bell rang for us to switch classes and we were dismissed. I was walking to the cafeteria when someone ran to me from behind and congradulated me on my quick thinking in class. I let out a small chuckle and thanked him.

*At Joli's house*

*Monday December 21st 2010*

*In the early hours of the morning*

After school, I ended up watching TV and searching the web. I finnished all my homework on the bus, I was lucky, we normally have a million pages of homework to do, but most teachers told us to forget it this week because of the holiday vacations that were to come in less then a week. Christmas was aproching at the speed of one of Santa's reindeer on a highway. With five days 'till presents galore, I could only pray Santa was going to bring that new IPad that I've been asking for.

I watched TV in my room past midnight and it was soon 1:20 in the morning. I yawned at looked out the window. What I saw then was something I would remember for years to come.

A large black blur startted covering the moon, It slowly crept up 'till the sky was completely black. I was a little frightened, but was relived when the moon started apearing as fast as it disapeared. I smiled at thought about what I just witnessed.

*Queenstreet school*

*Monday December 21st 2010*

*At lunch (12:11)*

I told all my friends what I saw during the night, but not one heard that there was an eclipse today. I hung my head in dismay. Giving up, I walked the halls searching for an excuse for my sightings. I finally decided that I fell asleep while watching the television and I dreamed it all, my mother probably turned off all the colours and pictures and moved me to my bed, I was probably half asleep, so that would explain why I didn't remember...

*At Joli's house*

*Saturday December 25th 2010*

*7:33*

I finnished opening all my presents, no IPad, but that was okay, I could save up my money. I would let nothing ruin my Christmas. The dog ran up to me with an item in his mouth. He dropped it in front of me and I read the label.

To: Joli

From: Santa

For me? I ripped the wraping off of the box and I could feel my eyes widden at the sight of a bran new IPad. I took it out of the plastic case and turned it on. The screen picture was the eclipse I saw and the words: 21/12/10, I believe you.

I beamed and tears of joy filled my eyes. I looked up to the sky and mouthed the words "Thank-you Santa."

**A/N: This is the only chapter of my first story (its a one-shot), Please vote and comment, Thanks a million times!! Oh, and did you know that this story is based on a real event? Its true! There was an eclipse on the 21st, the first eclipse on the winter solstice, and there was a full moon, too, not to mention my uncle's birthday!**