Chapter 18

© CRGangell aka Whitesabretooth

Hi everyone;

Here it is the last chapter of Winds of Change, I hope you enjoy it. As normal my thanks goes to you the readers who have stuck with this story and this series, some from the very beginning some seven plus years ago and to the newer readers who may have only stumbled upon my work recently. I make no promises about when the next story, Riddle of Blood, will come out as I want to be near the end of writing it before I start putting it out there. However I do have some short stories involving the characters from the Twists of Fate series that I might submit around Christmas IF I get the time to complete them.

Thanks also goes to my editor who sadly couldn't work on this chapter due to her day job taking up more of her time, so this chapter is only partially edited. She put up with writers block and grammar issues... she has the patience of a saint.

So comment, vote and have fun reading.

Chapter 18

Thais felt Draykus move in his sleep, to hold him a little more closely, his sisters had stopped teasing and harassing him about when they would mate. They had gotten over the fact that Draykus now slept with him at night and had literally moved into his room.

His wolf paced in their mind, it was somewhere between pleased and anxious, pleased that his mate was in his den, safe and sound from danger and anxious because his mate still did not bare his bite. His human kept reminding him that his mate wasn't ready and he had to agree but it was hard to resist with the smell of his mate in his nose and his body pressed against his. He could now understand the strain his father had endured with his mother before they finally mated.

Thais's eyes snapped open, his ears were telling him something had landed on his balcony, he tensed for a moment before he relaxed as the bird flew off. Although he had relaxed something was tickling at his senses, like there was danger coming and with Luna sleeping just a few rooms down he couldn't use his powers.

Quickly he slid from his mate's arms and willed himself away from the keep and close to the ley line crossing as he knew it was far enough away for his powers to work. Closing his eyes he focused for long minutes sorting through the future looking at every possible angle at what was to come. Once it was all concrete in his head he willed himself back to the keep and outside of Iron-arm and Sara's room and knocked loudly.

A few moments later Iron-arm opened the door ready to tell him to fuck off.

"Alert the keep... it is going to be attacked!" Thais said quickly and Iron-arm's whole demeanour changed.

"Who is attacking?" He asked as he turned back into his room and started to dress.

"A mixed group, gylphons but also some other beings I haven't seen before." Thais answered as Sara finally dragged herself from her bed and to help Iron-arm into his armour ignoring the fact that she was naked.

"Gylphons only pair up with Golems, large rock daemons." Iron-arm said and hoped that Thais had only seen rock daemons.

"They were there... as were huge beings with clubs and stooped funny looking creatures." Thais explained.

Iron-arm cursed for several long moments. "Moraths and Orcs, go to the guard, tell them to sound the call to arms."

Thais nodded and willed himself to the guard house where he knew he would find at least one member on the night guard. "Iron-arm told me to tell you to sound the call to arms."

The man in the room didn't stop to even question Thais he just walked to a large horn and blew a long droning note that cut through the early morning's air. There were shouts as men roused from their sleep and went about waking their wing mates. Another man ran into the room and went to the horn; he would make the next call.