Was she really in 1928? How could that possibly happen? Why did it happen?

Whatever it was that the stars had sent her here for, she'd get it over with. There was nothing Rose couldn't overcome. She stood up, taking off the blue pyjama dress. Shrieking when she saw the undergarments she had on.

Staring at the tight corset that hugged her body, her fingers caressed the large push-ups over her chest. She shook her head disapprovingly, quickly pulling the beige chiffon dress over her frame. Great, she couldn't pull the zipper up.

Groaning annoyedly, she held the fabric tightly to her chest, else it would fall off her body. She had to admit, the more she studied the its details, the more she was mesmerized by it. It hugged her waist perfectly, golden sequins decorating her upper half and the chiffon loosely falling, its ends caressing the floor.

Rose stared at her reflection in the mirror over the vanity table again, trying to calm down. It didn't matter how much she tried to focus on the current situation and clear her thoughts, her heartbeat was rapid. She still didn't manage to control her breathing. This was outrageous. How would she get used to being called a different name? Could she act as someone she was not?

"Lady Esmé," Rose sighed deeply when she heard Leslie call her from outside the room. "Can I come in?" She didn't want to answer. She wanted to stay alone, wrapped under the blanket in hopes that she'd wake up next to Emma again.

Leslie slowly opened the door, peeking inside. When she noticed that Rose had put the dress on already, she stepped in. Without saying a word, she walked over to Rose, zipped the dress up and motioned her to sit on the chair that stood next to the vanity.

Rose positioned it correctly, sitting down, leaning back with her eyes closed. There was nothing to talk about.

Both girls sensed that something was odd. One didn't belong here. Both didn't understand what had happened, but they knew for sure that something had changed. And their lives would never be the same.

So, Leslie decided not to bother the confused woman sitting in front of her. She began comping Rose's wavy hair, looking at her over the mirror's reflection now and then. Rose felt her gaze on herself, opening her eyes to meet Leslie's. They stared at each other for what felt like an eternity.

"I'll get over this, right?" She murmured.

"Yes, my Lady." Leslie smiled brightly. Her sudden sincere mien warmed Rose's heart. It was the first time for her to return a soft smile even if it was half-heartedly. 

"I'll help you. I always did, Lady Esmé. I don't care what happened." Rose nodded, feeling assured. Leslie opened the drawer to their right, revealing some make-up essentials. "We don't have much time left but enough to get you ready."

She pulled everything out, putting them onto the vanity table one by one. Rose stared with admiration. A lot of the pieces looked like powder products, but their packaging was bulky yet fancy. Leslie positioned herself next to her new Lady. She took out a powder sponge, dipping it directly into the pressed powder and making all the dust fly around. She aimed to tap it onto Rose's face when Rose turned her head away.

"Are you going to put that on my face just like that?" She coughed. Leslie nodded, still holding the sponge right into Rose's face.

"But I have really dry skin," She added. "This is going to make me look ridiculous."

"No, it won't," Leslie stated. Not letting Rose continue to argue, holding her chin firmly, she put the powder all over her. Rose watched the powder fall off her face onto the table. Such a waste.