He walked over to me and sank down onto the couch next to me as I sat up straight to make room for him.

"I got you sushi. I overheard you telling Vanessa you felt like having it when we stopped for gas earlier."

I was taken by surprise at his thoughtful gesture.

I guess we were going to ignore the giant elephant in the room and pretend like the past thirty minutes didn't happened. But if that meant he was going to be civil with me, then ignoring it was exactly what we were going to do.

"Austin you didn't have to do that. That's really sweet. Thank you." I smiled up at him as he started taking the food out of the bag. "You like sushi?"

"Sure, you're welcome." "No I don't like sushi. Well I've never had it before." He chuckled quietly. His eyes sparkled as he flashed his teeth. "I got teriyaki chicken and fried rice for myself."

Fuck that smile of his was actually going to kill me.

"Wait a minute. You've never tried it and you claim you don't like it?" I questioned as I shook my head at him in disappointment.

"Come on, you have to try a piece. You can't just say you don't like something because you haven't tried it." I pleaded as I opened the container revealing the sushi rolls.

"No way Lena, I'm going to have to pass. I'll eat my land food over here. You couldn't even pay me to eat that." He raised his brows, earning a laugh from me at his childish antics.

"Austin come on. I promise it's so good. I swear you'll like it." I puckered my bottom lip as I subtly flirted with him.

He rolled his eyes at me in playfully way and shared his killer smile once again, sending my heart straight to the ground.

"Please." I asked in a soft voice.

"One bite." He dreadfully groaned in fear as he quickly gave into me.

"You can't bite sushi you have to eat the whole thing." I giggled at his facial expression.

"Fine. I'll eat the whole thing." He frowned in dismay.

"For someone who couldn't even take payment to try it, you sure changed your mind rather quickly." I teased as I gave him a small smirk.

"What can I say? You're pretty convincing." He answered, the smile no longer on his face as he stared down at me, the darkness in his eyes almost returning.

I handed him my pair of chopsticks as he gave me a look of confusion.

"And how the fuck am I suppose to use these?" He exclaimed in disbelief that I would dare give him utensils that he had no idea how to use.

"I'm going to show you, here." I said as I gave him one chopstick to hold.

"Hold that one between your thumb and your index finger. And then take this one and hold it like you're holding a pen."

Our hands came in contact as I attempted to help him and I swear the room felt like it a thousand degrees the second our skin touched.

I looked down at his fingers and somehow could still feel them smoothly grazing the side of my face.

I could only imagine how good they would feel grazing my-

"Lena this isn't going to work." Austin laughed breaking me out of my thoughts as he horribly attempted to pick up a piece of sushi and it immediately dropped it back into the dish.

"Fuck this, I'm using my hands." He said before he picked up a single piece, popping it into his mouth.

My eyebrows raised as I waited impatiently for his reaction to his new food experience.