What They Really Think

Dipper POV:

I yawned as I sat up and stretched. Today was going to be weird. So far, it's been a few weeks, and our summer has been so packed with craziness that my head spins just thinking about it. Mabel was already up and downstairs, and I yawned again. Bill was the only saving grace of this summer. I headed downstairs to find Stan complaining.

"I swear he never gives up. He's been at it for weeks now."

"Who?" I ask as I sit down and start my StanCakes. 

"Gideon." We all groan. "He's been trying to get me to hand over the Shack to him with all kinds of dirty tricks."

"Sounds like him." I finish and clean my plate before we head out and start the day. 

I went out on my lunch break to enjoy the outdoors. Or, at least, that was the excuse I gave. I was really off to see Bill until I ran into Mabel, and we stumbled upon Gideon. He was in a clearing with a book. No, not a book, a Journal. I recognized it as something like my Journal, but this one had a number two. I watched, mortified, as he summoned Bill, and we made eye contact.

We couldn't hear all of what they were saying, but we got the gist of it. Gideon had summoned Bill to go into Stan's mind and find the code for the vault so he could take over the Shack. Mabel ran off to tell Stan while I raced for the clearing. I needed an explanation. I needed to know what was going on.

I stepped into the clearing, and Bill appeared. 

Pinetree-

"Don't!" I cut him off. "Don't, just don't."

He looked at me in silence for a second before looking down.

"What are we going to do?" I finally asked after a few more seconds.

Pinetree....I made a deal. I need to put my all into doing this....but, if for some reason, you should make your way into his mind as well, then you could potentially defeat me if you're smart enough~ He playfully poked my forehead, and I swatted his hand.

"Bill...."

Pinetree.... 

I sighed and nodded before looking into his eyes with a smile. 

"Alright, you're on Bill." I held out my fist. "I'll do my best to stop you."

He chuckled before bumping my fist with his. Looking forward to it Pinetree~

I made my way back to the shack, looking through the Journal to find out anything to get into Gruncle Stan's mind. I didn't really like my family, but I liked Gideon even less. I made it into the shack and showed Mabel and Soos what I found. Bill's shadow covered Stan as he entered his mind, and we did the ritual and entered his mind as well.

It was so weird, I've never been in Gruncle Stan's mind before. We were walking to the Shack when Mabel spotted Bill and drew his attention.

"Hey, you evil Dorito!"

Hm? He turned around and saw us. Well, well, well. If it isn't my favorite two! Pinetree and Shooting Star! He laughed, and I fought back a smile.

"Stop right there! We won't let you get the code from Gruncle Stan's mind!" Mabel was shouting at him.

And how do you plan to stop me, huh? I'm a dream demon, I know everything you dream about.

"Hah! No way you could know what I dream about!"

He rolled his eye and zapped two really bright guys into existence. I couldn't care enough to remember their names.

"Really, Bill? She's annoying enough as it is, now she has her dream guys."

Mabel was too enthralled with the two guys to hear me.

Awe, c'mon Pinetree. Loosen up~ You know I can see right through you~

He zapped a hole into my midsection, and I flipped him off.

Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but I have a code to find. He disappeared.

We entered the Shack, and I was amazed at how messy his mind was. We opened door after door. Eventually, we split up and looked separately. I opened the door to the day when Gruncle Stan had me chop wood.

"The kid's puny, weak, and sad. He's such a disappointment."

I rolled my eyes, great, another thing people think about me.

"They said that about me too. I want to make him stronger ahead of time, so he can face the world. I also feel bad for not hearing his side of the story when Mabel lied." Gruncle Stan sighed.

I stepped out. "As you should be, though, no one ever listens to me even when I do talk."

"Woah Kiddo, what the hell happened to you? Here, let me fix that for you." He made my hole disappear.

"How did you do that?"

"This is the mind, the place where imagination reigns supreme. You can do anything!"

I blinked and shut the door before racing off to find Mabel and Soos. Unfortunately for them, they had found the code, and Bill found them right before I did. I imagined a gun and gave it to Mabel, who shot a sucker and knocked it right out of Bill's hands and into the bottomless pit.

Bill grew red, he was mad. Guess he didn't think I would actually beat him. He raised a platform up and shot the two boys off, thankfully. He made Soos's worst nightmare, which was some sort of British pitbull, before turning and making Mabel into a weird and ugly looking thing. Which, to be honest, was a more accurate description of her personality. He knocked me off the platform, and I hit the ground.

It took a bit of remembering before I floated up to the platform.

"Guys, this is the mind. Anything is possible, just imagine it!"

Mabel turned her face back to normal, for shame, before bringing her boys back. Soos made the dog disappear. We fought Bill together, and he finally snapped.

Enough!

Everything turned white around us.

You know, you kids aren't too bad. He dusted off his hat. I'll admit defeat this once.

He disappeared, and we left Stan's mind. We laughed about how Stan had a weird dream before we heard a huge explosion from the vault room, and we all froze.