21

Santana's POV

School started fast, and I was immediately drowned in trying to popular, finishing my schoolwork, Cheerios practices, and now the celibacy club. Quinn became the president of the celibacy club, meaning Brittany and I joined, along with most of our popular crowd; Quinn also was promoted to captain of the Cheerios, much to my dismay. Either way, sophomore year was not off to a good start.

I turned 15 years old about a week after school started, but since I'd already celebrated, my parents didn't let me invite anyone over. So, on my actual birthday, it was a "family evening."

Quinn was growing more and more popular than Brittany and I, being president of two things, but her popularity was also increasing due to relationship drama. Finn was convinced by probably the most annoying girl ever, Rachel, to join the glee club, and Quinn was not happy about it. That wasn't all; she had a plan to get him back.

Sue agreed with Quinn, saying that the three of us should join the glee club to spy. In some ways, I was annoyed. No one in glee club was popular, and I hated every member. But, I loved singing, and that I was somewhat looking forward to.

Brittany was obviously excited; she loved to sing and dance. So, when the three of us made it into glee club, she was the happiest. All Quinn cared about was getting Finn back.

---

It had been a while since I'd seen Brittany outside of school. Ever since we slept together, I had been ignoring her. It wasn't that I was upset with Brittany or that I didn't even somewhat enjoy sleeping with her, I was just scared. I knew I shouldn't feel that way about a girl.

Still, with Brittany's insistence, I went to her house after school, two days after my birthday. 

"Are you excited to be in glee club?" Brittany asked while we were walking to her house.

"It's fine, I guess, but I'm already so busy."

"It won't feel that busy; it's just a few days after school and during lunch," she replied.

"I hate everyone in that club."

"But Quinn and Finn are in the club."

"Exactly," I said.

"Mercedes, Artie, and Kurt aren't so bad."

"Yes, Britt, they are. They're really annoying. Just a few days ago, we were laughing at the football team slushie them, and now you want to be their friends?" My voice started getting louder.

"Please, don't be mad at me, Santana. I didn't mean to do anything to upset you; I'm sorry."

I had a feeling that she was talking about more than just being friends with the other members of the glee club.

"I'd rather you not come over after school then," she said.

So, I walked home by myself. I got home around suppertime, and my mom was surprised that I was home.

"I thought you were staying at Brittany's for supper," she said.

"I was going to," I replied, "but she's upset with me."

"What happened?"

"It's really not your problem, Mom. We joined the glee club, by the way." I grabbed juice box from the fridge for supper (because Sue still wanted all the Cheerios to lose more weight) and went to my bedroom to drink it alone.

---

For almost an entire week, Brittany and I dodged around each other, not talking unless we had to. During that week, the glee club (assisted by the Cheerios) held a car wash. It was awful with no one to talk to. Finally, I'd had enough. Brittany was my best friend, and sure, I acted as though I didn't care about anyone but myself, but I hated fighting with Brittany.

After school one day, I waited by Brittany's locker. It was beside mine that year, but we hadn't been accessing them at the same time for a while.

"Could I come to your house today?" I asked as she opened her locker.

"I'm still not talking to you," she said.

"I'm sorry for getting upset with you, Britt. You didn't do anything wrong. Now, can we please just stop fighting so I can go with you to your house?"

"Okay."

---

At Brittany's house, we sat in her bedroom to talk.

"I know you weren't just upset because of glee club," Brittany said. "It was also because of what happened after the fair."

"I thought I told you not to talk about that again."

"And I thought we were supposed to make up. That won't happen unless we talk about it."

I sighed; she was right. "Fine. I have to admit that it sort of freaked me out."

"It's just like having sex with any of the boys that we usually do, just better. No one has to know. Remember what you said? 'Sex isn't dating.'"

"So, what are you saying?" I asked.

"What do you want?"

"I really did enjoy sleeping with you, Brittany. We could always keep doing it, but not tell anyone. I don't want to go too long without sex, and when there aren't any boys, we can sleep together. Deal?"

"So, sex isn't dating, and it's a secret?" Brittany questioned.

"Exactly."

---

The next day, there was glee club rehearsal after school. Throughout that week, we'd had a lot of drama within the club. Mr. Schue started some type of guy group, which would have been perfect for taking down the glee club, but everything was back to normal by then. Of course, I didn't actually want the glee club to be taken down, but I had to act as though I did. It also seemed that there was always drama happening in glee club.

Brittany was talking with Kurt and Tina about some dance when I arrived in the choir room. I ignored them and went to sit by myself. Rachel came up and sat beside me.

"What are you doing here, dwarf?" I asked, my voice annoyed.

"I just wanted to let you know that I am in control of everything that happens in this room. You may think you're so smart by trying to take over the glee club to get rid of us, or whatever you're trying to do, but you're wrong. So, please, stay out of my spotlight."

"I don't want your spotlight; I want my own," I replied.

After glee rehearsal, Sue took Quinn and me aside. She was mad because the glee club was now back to normal and the chance of destroying it was gone. She had to go and take away our tanning privileges. I was upset, but not necessarily with Sue. I finally realized that I actually enjoyed glee club, and I was upset with myself.

-------------