Reunion

Uchiha Sasuke laid on his hospital bed with bandages wrapped over his eyes, wondering why he was supposed to remain there for another day, even though Itachi was getting discharged.

He was just about to throw caution to the wind and get out of there when the door opened and a familiar chakra signature approached inside.

"Naruto." He murmured.

"Sasuke." Came the reply. "How did you know it was me?"

"I'll know you anywhere. Your chakra signature is quite distinctive."

He felt a weight settle on his bed and an arm hug his torso, when Itachi came out of he bathroom. "Oh. Hello, Naruto-kun."

"Hello." Naruto replied, with his mouth close enough to Sasuke's ear to feel him to feel his breath. Sasuke tried to lower his heart rate by willpower but it didn't seem to be working.

"I was going out for a walk." Itachi excused himself. He sounded a bit awkward, Sasuke noted distantly.

"Your brother looks a lot like you." Naruto observed.

"He does." He agreed. "You aren't mad at me?"

"I was a bit at first. Then I realised that there wasn't really any reason to be mad. It's not like I've shared much about my life with you either. We haven't spent much together in the last three years so there wasn't any opportunities to share these things."

Sasuke felt the tension that he had been carrying for the last month, drain away slowly. What was he worrying about? This was Naruto, who had forgiven him for trying to kill him. This was nothing in comparison. "Thank you. I was a bit worried."

Naruto snuggled closer. "I got that from your letter."

Sasuke turned around, coming face to face with his boyfriend, who wasn't going to break up with him. "I love you."

"I got that from your letter too, but I love you too." Was the reply before a pair of lips captured his.

Meanwhile:

Jiraiya was glad that he escaped Tsunade's office when he got the chance ,and followed Naruto. The blindfold stuff was gold. The next Icha Icha was going to break records. The imminent beatdown from Tsunade was so going to be worth it.

He was scribbling away in his notebook and considering using Toton jutsu to hear some juicy bits, when he heard a soft cough from beside him. "What are you doing, Jiraiya-sama?"

It was a male voice so Jiraiya was carefree in his reply. "Some research. You can read all about it in my next book when it comes out."

"You mean to say that that are spying on my little brother and his boyfriend to publish the details of their relationship in an erotic novel?"

Jiraiya had fought in two wars and had developed a keen self preservation instinct, which urged him to get out of there. Ignoring it, he looked sideways only to find Uchiha Itachi staring at him with spinning Mangekyou Sharingan, following which his surroundings changed to a monochromatic world with him nailed to a cross and Itachi standing in front of him, holding a sword.

"Welcome to the world of Tsukiyomi...."