thirty-eight.

It was finally the day for the students to be leaving for camp, and quite frankly, (Y/n) was excited to go. Things were looking up for her: she passed her final with high scores, she's got many close friends, and she's got a boyfriend! What could go wrong?! (don't kill me reader, I beg of you.)

"Hi, it's time for summer vacation to officially begin," Mr. Aizawa greeted the class. "However, don't think these as months of rest for you heroes in the making. At this camp, we'll push you to go beyond your limits. Aiming to become plus ultra."

As the class prepared to board the bus, (Y/n) was talking to Bakugo and Kirishima when Uraraka came over to her, shaking with anticipation.

"(Y/n), I need to talk to you." Uraraka yanked her over, away from Bakugo and Kirishima.

"Ugh--what's up?" she asked after getting pulled away.

"So... how are things between you and Bakugo?"

"Oh um..." (Y/n) blushed, thinking about how the two were together now. "We're um..."

"Wait," Uraraka whispered, "are you together now?"

(Y/n) nodded slowly, blushing furiously.

"Finally!" Uraraka exclaimed in a hushed tone. "I won't tell anyone until you're ready to tell them, trust me."

(Y/n) sighed, thankful for having a friend like Uraraka, "You're the best," she admitted, hugging her. Then they went off to their respective groups.

"What was that about?" Bakugo asked her, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Oh just girl things." (Y/n) him waved off.

"Like what?"

"Do you really want to know?" she asked, raising her brows as she looked at him.

"Never mind," Bakugo quickly replied, looking away from her.

As class 1-A boarded the bus, (Y/n) sat with Bakugo thanks to Iida's seating chart. Thankfully he didn't know the two were dating, otherwise he'd have a full blown fit. During the ride, she had fallen asleep, leaning against the window as she slept. Eventually, her head rolled and landed on Bakugo's shoulder. But instead of rolling it the other way, he just laid his head on top and looked at his phone with his earbuds in, not hearing the chatter from the rest of the class about how cute the two looked.

 But instead of rolling it the other way, he just laid his head on top and looked at his phone with his earbuds in, not hearing the chatter from the rest of the class about how cute the two looked

After an hour of driving, (Y/n) woke up to the bus stopping and people getting off to stretch their legs.

"How was your nap?" Bakugo asked once they got outside.

"It was good," she yawned, stretching her arms. "Windows are kind of hard pillows, though."

"Shoulders are, too." Bakugo rubbed his shoulder, (Y/n) realizing what he meant.

"Hey where's class B?" Yaoyorozu questioned, looking for their bus.

"You don't actually think we stopped to stretch your legs, did you?" Mr. Aizawa asked the class.

As the Pussycats got out and introduced themselves, (Y/n) got a really bad feeling in the pit of her stomach. She reached down and touched the ground, trying to sense the energy but felt a quirk within the ground. She turned off her quirk. "Uh oh."

"What's 'uh oh'?" Kirishima asked, turning to her as he grew increasingly nervous.

"'Uh oh' as in, one of them has a quirk that controls the ground, and I felt it," she explained, dreading what that meant.

"Back on the bus, quickly, let's go," Sero told the class, nervously pointing to the bus.

"Good idea, load up," Kaminari followed up.

"The current time is 9:30 in the morning," Mandalay informed them. "If you're fast about it, you might make it there by noon."

"No way, guys!" Kirishima awed at the realization.

"Time to go!" (Y/n) exclaimed, following her classmates towards the bus as she broke into a sprint.

"You should've guessed, students," Mr. Aizawa started. "The training camp has already begun."

Pixie-Bob then leaped in front of the students, manipulating the ground to catapult the class into the forest below. (Y/n) flew through the air, trying to maintain some way of not landing on her head as the ground quickly approached. 

This sucks! she thought as she managed to get herself into an upright position, using one hand to hold down her skirt as it flew up and using the other to create a small steppingstone to use as some sort of brace.

"You should be able to make it there in three hours!" Mandalay yelled down to them after the dust settled. "If you can make it through the Beast's Forest."

"Wait, what?" (Y/n) questioned, kneeling to touch the ground.

"(L/n), try to sense something," Iida told her.

"Already on it," she responded, using her quirk and causing her eyes to light up. "It's Pixie-Bob's quirk, it controls--"

Then there was a massive roar in the forest.

"We're all going to die!" a couple students screamed.

"Please calm yourselves, my giant friend! You don't want to hurt them!" Koda yelled, running to the creature.

Midoriya quickly rushed Mineta out of the way of the creature, allowing the other students to attack. (Y/n) quickly formed a forcefield around the beast's legs, managing to cut them off as Todoroki, Bakugo, and Midoriya took care of the rest.

"You guys took that beast down in seconds," Sato commented, walking up to the four of them.

"Yeah, it was awesome," Sero added.

"You showed that thing who's boss," Kirishima said, walking up to Bakugo and (Y/n).

"We're not done," Bakugo responded, looking at the beasts forming in the forest. "(Y/n), sense them."

"On it." She touched the ground, catching all of the beasts forming. It was hard since the quirk energy was traveling all through the ground. "They're everywhere!" she exclaimed as she stood up from her kneeling position.

As the class formed together to get ready to fight, they all went to do what they did best with their quirks.

"I'm going second form, so don't be too surprised if I get a nosebleed," she told Bakugo, changing to second form and leaping into the air, finally able to sort of fly. "Since I've been practicing, I can last up to six hours in this form." She began to fly into the forest. "Which is more than enough!"

 "Which is more than enough!"