Disabled Dreams (a short story)

This is a short story I wrote a while ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I was born I didn't have working body parts such, as legs. I have to be in a wheel chair. My life is nothing like others, I can't walk or excersise, I can hardly do things for myself. Plus my arms were all twisted and were extremely hard to use. I am only eleven years old and I haven't have a normal life. I caused tons of pain, and all my medication and things I need. My parents are worried about me and ignore my sister, she is fifteen and was only four when I was born and not taken care of properly since my birth. Now all she does is sit in her room doing homerwork or playing on the computer. All because of me.

My parents say I didn't really cause much trouble but I can see the lie in their eyese. It doesn't matter though I am going to be a therapist, or at least I am hoping to be. I am so determined to be that, or a counsler at least. You know to help people like me and my sister, and others that are in pain, I know I can  because I am told to give amazing advice and understand everyones point of view. I will be a therapist even if others don't believe in me.

Its monday and I am at the hospital, every monday I get shots. They say its to see if I have some sort of disease I doubt that though. My doctor asked if I wanted to do anything when I was older my answer was simpal of course, he told me that he was glad. Most of his patients wanted to do nothing and were not determined like me, that literally made my day. I know, with all my might that I would follow this dream.

When I got home I caught my sister fussing with my blankets and pillow, when I walked in she ran and dropped something. I picked the littler note up it read 'To my lovely sister Maddie, I know that you want to be a therapist and I want you to follow that. I love you remember that and you didn't ruin my life like you thik I have a boyfriend (smileyface) Love you sissy, Sincerily your caring sister Nate' I felt tears run down my tanned cheeks. I moved my pillow and saw a check for tons of money.

My heart exploded as butterflies flew through my stomach and more tears fluttered to my eyes. Nate was peeking around the corner, I talked to her some and comes to find out she is always in her room with friends! How could I miss that? Anyways she really wanted me to be a therapist. That was enough money for me to graduate collage! I thanked her so much that she told me to go away.

Years later I used the money, and I became a profesianal therapist and a counsler. I told you this story because I want you to know that you can follow your dreams, no matter if you are disabled or not! Believe in yourself and don't try to do it on your own either, sometimes you need some help.