Chapter Two

Randella Misuri Avantvare, whom everyone called Randy, strolled back to the base with a Krutuk head in her bag, draped over her shoulder. Her sword, long and thin, was hung on her belt and dragged a trail around her. At the same time, she dropped little beads that tossed the dirt and covered up the tracks. The was a confident smile on her dirty face. Fifteen years old, and an official warrior.

When she reached the tall stone building in the middle of a clearing, two men came out to congratulate her. They wore heavy robes and metal gauntlets. They both had long black hair tied at the nape of the neck with a single leather rope. They had mustaches, and even the same small scar down their right cheeks. The only difference between the twins were their eyes. One of them had bright purple eyes, while the other had murky white irises.

The men were the ones in charge of the Young Warriors Coming-of-Age Association, a small group of elites who trained young teens who wanted to join the army. In the country of Mykari, the military was the country's number one. The warriors in Mykari specialized in hand-to-hand combat...and magic.

"Randella!" the man with the purple eyes, Oldair, cried when Randy stumbled through the clearing. "Glad you made it!"

"Yes Randella, we knew you would pull through," his blind brother, Elryo, said. He had a peaceful smile on his face.

Randy gave the two men a tired grin and tossed them the bag containing the Krutuk head. "Here you go boys, I made it extra fresh for you guys," she laughed.

"Randy!" A girl wearing white and gold priestess dress flew out from the building doors. Her long black hair was adorned with beads, which clacked as she ran towards her best friend.

"Randy!" She cried again, flinging petite body on Randy's knocking the girl a few steps back.

Randy laughed and returned her friend's hug. "Artella, have you been waiting all night for me?" she asked, pulling away to take a good look at her friend's face.

Artella was the daughter of the country's most powerful wielder of white magic, specializing in healing and purifying. Ever since she had been a child, Artella was trained specially in the art of purifying. She wore often the colors of innocence and purity, white, gold, and other pale colors. There were gold bands tattooed on her arms, signifying her powers. So far, she had received the fifth ring after achieving the fifth rank in purifying: paralyzing sinful substances.

"Of course! I want the honor of congratulating my fearless warrior as she strides in with the prize. Of course, I also want to be the first to know if someone has her limbs torn off, so I can rush in a do a quick patch up," she giggled.

"Oh Atella," Randy sighed, looking at her friend lovingly.

"Hate to break up the reunion, girls, but we have to get Randy to the Warrior Ceremony," Oldair said, stepping forward.

"This late?" Atella asked, scrunching up her nose. Oldair nodded vigorously. Atella sighed.

"Oh well, my dear. I shall see you at the ceremony," Atella said to Randy, flicking her friend's nose playfully. Then she twirled up to Oldair and gave him a kiss on his cheek. "And I shall see you later also," she whispered, raising her fingers up for a wave. A small gold ring was fitted over her fourth finger, and there was an engagement tattoo of two swirls on the back of her right hand.

Oldair's face flushed. "Yes, yes, now hurry along," he said, flustered. Elryo chuckled lightly.

"Come on, Randy, let's get you cleaned up," Oldair said quickly, throwing a glare at his brother as he ushered the new warrior into the building.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a short chapter. Not much to write about in this chapter. Basically a more detailed introduction of Randy, and a few important yet somewhat minor characters. Comment and vote please.